Sponsored Ad

Dismiss Notice
'Users of this forum are reminded they should not discuss performance of individual attendees at PRMC or in Recruit Training for PERsonal SECurity and in observance of Diversity & Inclusion legislation'.

Sport - Kayaking

Discussion in 'General Royal Marines Joining Chit Chat' started by Ghost123, Aug 6, 2019.

1. Ghost123

Ghost123 New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    Hi All

Another question from me. From what I understand sport is alive and well in the Royal Marines as well as encouraged. How diverse is sport? Or are only a handful of disciplines favored? Is it true that some people barley put on a uniform for a couple of years and just compete under the Royal Marines.

I am aware that every year the Royal Marines have a few boats that compete in the Devises to Westminster Canoe Race. How big is canoe/kayak in the marines? The reason I ask is that I used to compete at a relatively high level in canoe/kayak. Both marathon and sprint racing. After passing out how do you go about getting into canoe/kayaking. Is it only offered at specific units? Dont really know how the sport thing works. and would just like an overview.

When I passed my PRMC I actually saw a few canoes made by Knysna Racing in South Africa. Used to race in some of there boats.

As always I appreciate the advice.

Thanks

• Like Like x 1
  2. Ghost123

Ghost123 New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    Sorry just realized I posted this in the PRMC Dairy's! My bad!

3. Caversham

Caversham Former RM Commando, Moderator

Moved here.

Canoeing and kayaking has a large following in the Corps and there will be points of contact available once you pass out and join a Unit.

Alan

• Like Like x 1
  4. Ghost123

Ghost123 New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    Great news! Thank you.

• Like Like x 1