Sponsored Ad

Dismiss Notice
For fuller site visibility and advert-free browsing, simply log-in or register.

Sport - Kayaking

Discussion in 'General Royal Marines Joining Chit Chat' started by Ghost123, Aug 6, 2019.

1. Ghost123

Ghost123 New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    Hi All

Another question from me. From what I understand sport is alive and well in the Royal Marines as well as encouraged. How diverse is sport? Or are only a handful of disciplines favored? Is it true that some people barley put on a uniform for a couple of years and just compete under the Royal Marines.

I am aware that every year the Royal Marines have a few boats that compete in the Devises to Westminster Canoe Race. How big is canoe/kayak in the marines? The reason I ask is that I used to compete at a relatively high level in canoe/kayak. Both marathon and sprint racing. After passing out how do you go about getting into canoe/kayaking. Is it only offered at specific units? Dont really know how the sport thing works. and would just like an overview.

When I passed my PRMC I actually saw a few canoes made by Knysna Racing in South Africa. Used to race in some of there boats.

As always I appreciate the advice.

Thanks

• Like Like x 1
  2. Ghost123

Ghost123 New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    Sorry just realized I posted this in the PRMC Dairy's! My bad!

3. Caversham

Caversham Former RM Commando, Moderator

Moved here.

Canoeing and kayaking has a large following in the Corps and there will be points of contact available once you pass out and join a Unit.

Alan

• Like Like x 1
  4. Ghost123

Ghost123 New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    Great news! Thank you.

• Like Like x 1