Sprinting Practice - Good for the PRMC shuttle run

DBenn01

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
How do lads and lasses,

Here is an interesting circuit I read just now somewhere on the webs. Don't be turned off by the aptly named sprinting circuit called "Death by 10 Metres". It is not dissimilar to the Fintan circuit.

Differences being it has no bodyweight exercises in between runs, and though it'll skyrocket your cv fitness like the Fintan will I imagine it would be a good way to practice for the shuttle run in the PRMC, as well as helping your overall running ability. It is literally a short version of the shuttle run. It might be a walk in the park for some really fit lads but id say it would benefit the lads starting out.

So the "Death by 10 Metres" sprinting circuit is very simple and lasts about twenty minutes and goes like this;

*Mark out 10m on a straight path or track.
*In the first minute of the twenty minutes, sprint or run the 10m, and rest for the remainder of the minute.
*At the second minute, run two lengths of the 10m. Rest for the remainder.
*Third minute do three lengths, rest.
*Forth minute do four lengths, rest, and so on until you cant go anymore.

Soon you will find that you will have to sprint to get in your times. If you only reach sixteen, set that as your limit and next time try and match or beat it.

Here's my twist on it. Apply Gainers to it. Once you can comfortably sprint or achieve your goal with this, increase the distance. Or another way could be to find your limit, say twelve sprints in the fourteenth minute, and half it like in gainers, and add a minute on every time or add a metre on every time. I think it would be good to play with it as long as you keep to the core structure above.

I know what I will be doing tomorrow! Have a go and enjoy.

Dom2595

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
So what do you *text deleted* a good score is mate ? I've got probably average fitness at the moment....

DBenn01

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
So what do you *text deleted* a good score is mate ? I've got probably average fitness at the moment....

I've not done it yet but id imagine around the sixteen minute, minute mark is where you want to aim, higher teens id imagine.
Videos on YouTube all showed it going real slow even around the eight minute mark, there was still twenty seconds to rest so id say after the rests are gone and you're belting it out the whole time go as long as possible

Gretzky

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
This sounds interesting! *text deleted* try this. Cheers mate