Squat rack/ bench

S

stokey_14

Right so any of you lads who train at home own a combination squat/bench rack. Basically sick of cleaning the weight for squats and my bench has seen better days (to the point where its getting dangerous)

I?m looking for something that will allow me to squat/press out of but also be adjustable / able for me to bench off of.

Lucky for me my old man says he?ll buy / help towards the cost of the whole set up as a birthday gift, which I?m super grateful for.

Only other stipulation is it has to be of a size where by I can shift it in and out of my shed (so no Elitefts deluxe power cage :sad2: )

Any ideas, web sites or personal recommendations would be very much appreciated.

Thanks.

Stokey

jable1066

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
I can't say I've had experience, but I remember reading a thread on MyProtein not long ago and someone was asking the same question. They were recommended http://www.powerhouse-fitness.co.uk/strength-equipment/squat-racks-and-stands to buy it from.

I only noticed this because it was on facebook and there's a powerhouse fitness where I live... haha. They were recommended a bodymax one but that's all I could tell you. It might be a starting point though to look at some reviews?

S

stokey_14

Exactly what I was after, cheer than expected as well ?there?s even one with a dip station on the back! Something I haven?t got regular access to as well. Golden.

Cheers Jable :praise: , will have a look and get some reviews!

Stokey

S

stokey_14

Up date on this. New rack, plates and bench has come today as an early birthday gift.

Went with powerhouse fitness and I've been nothing but impressed with them. 3 days for it's delivery and has only taken 3-4 hours of steady work to put them back together.

Rack

http://www.powerhouse-fitness.co.uk/bodymax-cf415-squat-and-dip-rack-with-spotter-catchers.php

Bench

http://www.powerhouse-fitness.co.uk/bodymax-cf328-deluxe-flat-incline-decline-utility-bench.php

Can't wait to give them a proper whirl tomorrow.

Stokey

Who Dares

Reaction score
I've got that rack mate, highly recommend it!!

Its brilliant having the dip attachment.

Do you have to pull yours out of a shed, and train outside?

S

stokey_14

I've got that rack mate, highly recommend it!!

Its brilliant having the dip attachment.

Do you have to pull yours out of a shed, and train outside?
Yes, it's nice and light though and the face savers act as a nice carry handle.

Hopefully once i sell my scooter that takes up a lot of the room i can do some training in the shed. Would be useful in the winter months.

Stokey

Who Dares

Reaction score
Yes, it's nice and light though and the face savers act as a nice carry handle.

Hopefully once i sell my scooter that takes up a lot of the room i can do some training in the shed. Would be useful in the winter months.

Stokey
Yeah i have to drag mine outside. Which is ok while its sunny!!

I cleared my shed out but there is no room to military press haha.

jable1066

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Awesome! Did you go for bumper plates or cast iron? I know bumpers are ridiculously expensive but if you ever want them... There's an eBay shop called BaseFitness who are the cheapest I've seen. I think Strength Shop also do packages which works out pretty well. I've got all my kettlebells from BaseFitness and there service is impeccable. Free next day delivery on a 40kg KB, which was at least ?20 cheaper than anywhere else.

S

stokey_14

Cast iron for now as it's extra plates for my DB's ... after my holiday i'm going to start saving towards a Oly bar and some bumpers.

Not much point yet as i lift on my decking and can't bonce weights around (hence going for a rack with a face saver on should i need to bail a squat)

This should be changing in the summer, we are renovating the bottom of the garden, dad want's a BBQ come fire pit and there's a small patch of land he say's we can convert into a workout area so long as i help him dig it all up (and i'm always game for extra phys haha)

Stokey