Sponsored Ad

Dismiss Notice
'Users of this forum are reminded they should not discuss performance of individual attendees at PRMC or in Recruit Training for PERsonal SECurity and in observance of Diversity & Inclusion legislation'.

Ssx

Discussion in 'Jollies Bar' started by stokey_14, Mar 8, 2012.

1. stokey_14

stokey_14 Moderator

Well I?ve just found out this month there?s been a new SSX game realised!

Anyone got it? Will definitely be buying it my self as I have a miss spent youth playing SSX (1, trick and 3)

Love them. Moby being a personal favourite character.

Stokey

2. JMC

JMC New Member

:dito:

Literally wet with excitement

3. jable1066

jable1066 New Member

I can't believe I clicked this thinking it said 'sex'. I'm not sure what that means.

4. stokey_14

stokey_14 Moderator

That you are lonely and need more female attention? Or maybe you just haven?t played the coolest video game of all time.

Does anyone know the realise date? Or is it already out? Literally saw a trailer for it this morning believing the game had ran it?s course having not realised an new game in years and than as JMC sate?s ?wet myself with excitement?

Stokey

5. RMC WATKINS

RMC WATKINS New Member

Never really been into snowbaording games and the advert makes it look so cheesy and just makes me NOT want to buy it, if they are going to make a snowboarding game at least make it realistic.

6. Anthony_H

Anthony_H Member

Was never realy a fan, I was more into Tony hawkes, and matt hoffman bmx games

7. stokey_14

stokey_14 Moderator

No, no, no, see as a kid I didn?t want realism, actual tricks and average jumps. I wanted the sort of game my mind would think up, crazy characters, 2 story high jumps over sheer drops, fireworks all round the track and moves that yes in real life are impossible!

Pushing your mates over as you raced, having a ?boost? etc where all part of the fun for me.

Watching real snow boarding as seen on TV would bore me to tears? Just as if after shooting someone on GTA which ended up with you getting nicked then led to a game that doesn?t work for 25 years as you serve your sentence for murder. Haha

Stokey

8. Anthony_H

Anthony_H Member

Atleast it would teach the kids a lesson. :laugh:

9. MBBMX

MBBMX New Member

It's out apparently, since my mate was raving about it at a party not too long ago.

I'll probably gladly snatch it up when I get back into gaming, since at the moment my xbox has an inch thick layer of dust on it.

I always used to just play as Mac - dude was alpha.

10. JMC

JMC New Member

:kult: Agree, games are where you can let your imagination go wild.

Though my imagination is probably a bit more twisted than would be allowed to be published in a game. :sad2:

11. Anthony_H

Anthony_H Member

Off topic. but while on the imagination games. Anyone remeber sim city, building citys and then trashing them with aliens and making the towns people riot, awesome game. Must go out and find it now.

12. JMC

JMC New Member

Sim City 2000 on an old school mac before "i" things came out. Most epic!!

13. stokey_14

stokey_14 Moderator

As said i was a Moby man, though I did also like Psymon Stark, totally nutty character.

Hated Eddie. And the old man always used to race as Elise the hot blond (dirt old man haha)

Think it speaks volume for the game that it's players can remember a great deal about the characters. I'm not a huge gamer but have very fond memories playing this alone and with mates.

I don't know, ever seen or played man hunt? they gave sick and twisted and good shot there haha.

Stokey

14. JMC

JMC New Member

TRUE!

Never actually played manhunt, only got my 1st games console when I was 18 by which time it was very old. Besides it doesn't really appeal.

Who even comes up with games like that, the meeting that that idea spawned from must have been a weird place..... "you know what is a good idea. . . . . . . ." (stunned siclence)

15. MBBMX

MBBMX New Member

I don't find that weird.

Rather, I find it weird that people agreed. :weird:

16. JMC

JMC New Member

Fair point :biggrin:

17. Red Bull

Red Bull Member

Same here.:worried:

Oh well. The old SSX Tricky game was awesome! Loved it! I think I'll be getting this new one!

18. stokey_14

stokey_14 Moderator

Quick update, got this game 2 days ago (been quite ill with a bout of D.V. ?lovely)

So had some time in-between toilet dash?s to give the new game a run through.

So far it?s been good, different to how I remember it, better in a lot of ways but also much more free roaming and ?complex? now I?m not sure if this is a good thing or not yet.

The sheer number of tracks and routes you can take down said tracks are crazy great as it constantly keeps you guessing but I can?t see it being similar to Tricky in the sense that you?d learn slopes, you can now use wing suits, ice picks etc and these are nice little additions once you get used to using them.

Different from the old games and not what I expected but still very good in its own new way.

Stokey

19. JMC

JMC New Member

Off Topic

Ok I have been excited about the new Mass Effect for many months now.

Having not played my Xbox in a while it seemed like a good present to myself to get using it again.

Did some overtime > saved some $$ > Bought the ?40 game > got home all giddy and excited > Placed Game in Xbox > Xbox Hardrive Error

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Gutted to the highest degree,

Seeing it as a sign to get my lazy @ss out training though!

20. Red Bull

Red Bull Member

That's the problem with games nowadays. They overcomplicate them...