st geroge tatoo PLZ READ

Reaction score
Hey im pretty new here so big hello

I got a problem well a big problem, u see ive been training hard for about 2 months *text deleted* ready for the RM'S but ive a got a small 1.5cm by 1.5cm st george flag on my right hand.When im training its alwayz on the back of my mind dat im doing all this work for nuthin if i *text deleted* get in.its currently being looked at by the army because i wanted to join the paras 1st but after sum serious reading and watchin videos of the RM'S it would much better suit me. Further more i would be really pissed if the navy/RM'S do let me in, because on the navy's sign there is actually a big st george so i think it would be a massive contradiction.

has anyone had any experiances like this or knows anyone with the same sorta prob

its driving me CRAZY

much appreciated thnks

pricey

MeridiaNx

Reaction score
Can you clarify the problem a bit? I can't seem to work out exactly what you mean. Is it:

a) You are worried about having a tattoo on a visible/prohibited part of your body? (Nothing on the neck/face/hands IIRC)
b) You are worried specifically about the fact it is a St. George's Flag tattoo and, what, it would seem inappropriate to have the 'sign' that another force (the RN) uses rather than the RM one?

Sorry if I'm being dense, just couldn't quite decipher your question. If you had an Iraqi flag tattooed on your hand then I might understand the problem :)

jimmy mal

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I don't think the problem is what you have tattood on your hand rather that you have a tatoo in a prohibited place. Have you considered having it removed. I know someone who had one on their neck and had to have it removed before joining the RM's, which they did and everything was ok.

Jim

Leedham

Reaction score
I know a girl that wasn't let in the army becuase she had a tattoo on her hand. I think aslong as its not the hand you use to salute your ok :S

Reaction score
im worried that its prohibbited and it will be rejected. not the fact its a st geroge

and geting it removed will cost a fortune i would imagine

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
The Medical standards post in the "stickies" section, states the basic tattoo policy, but the 5th post in the thread gives the latest, more detailed instructions.

Hope that helps & good luck.

Reaction score
thank you ninja_stoker much appreciated basicly there prohibbited except for cirtain circumstances will ook at the cost of the removal WISH ME LUCK *text deleted*

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
thank you ninja_stoker much appreciated basicly there prohibbited except for cirtain circumstances will ook at the cost of the removal WISH ME LUCK *text deleted*

I'd advise you strongly to wait until you see the Medical Officer at the AFCO, having passed the Recruiting Test & Interview first, before you even consider spending money on tattoo removal.

Good luck in your aspiration- take each step as it comes, don't spend money if you don't have to.