start again

jasejase

Reaction score
Hey
Basically guys ive done my leg in :sad2: pretty sure its a stress fracture, it feckin kills. Im potterin about on bike tryin to keep my fitness up for the time bein while the leg heals. What I need to know though is when I start training again what should I be doin run wise? ie distance, times. Im puttin the injury down to just doin to much to soon.

Any help would be great
cheers :kult:

Layden23

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
start off with short distances and taking *text deleted* time with them
then step it up with shorter times
then lengthen the distances but make sure u can do it all comfortably otherwise *text deleted* injury cud come back
especially if u don't stretch

jasejase

Reaction score
ye thats what im worried bout, it coming back. My fitness has improved a hell of alot from when i first started, 1.5 went from 15 min to 10:20, just hopin i dont lose it after all the effort :worried:

Gtlaau

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Gday mate

Rest well. take all the time you have to. if you come back when tyour not ready you may end up hurting yourself even worse.

My suggestion would be. Run only on Grass or dirt(nothing hard like the road or gravel.) keep it short. have one long day per week(3miles) all the rest of your runs should be sprints or no more then 1.5 miles. look for a post of mine about sprinting(i think its called My sprinting program or something like that)just click on search gtlaau posts etc.... its a really good program.

Squats are really good. do a search on hindu squats. and look up tabata squats. tabata anything will absolutley crush u into the ground.

eat well and drink lots of water as well so you get better quicker.

Hope that helps

Cheers Tom

PS Get better mate and stick in there.remeber its a state of mind