starting off

simon O'hare

Reaction score
hello evryone..my name is Simon O'Hare and I just joined this forum to see what requirements are needed for becoming a marine. I am 17, and hope to join the marines once i leave school!

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
Welcome Simon & good luck in your aspirations.

There are quite a few on the site in a similar position to you, so hopefully you'll get all the help & advice needed.

BradfordBulls

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
get extremely fit and your half way there, the other half is being mentally focused < is what i've been told

Skippy

Reaction score
Hey, hope you find out the information that you want/need, and hope you stay a regular member.

Good luck for the marines in the future

Skippy

rusty92

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Hey Mate!..

Welcome to the forum full of marine hopefulls!.. Yup i joined for the exact same reasons!.. And i still dont know if my medical condition will be able to let me join!.. Im still hoping that ill be able to join!.. Going to ring the AFCO tomoz!..

Enjoy!

Charlie

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
welcome!

u'll defo find out all you need on here, dam gd site ! *text deleted*

gd luck wit everything, hope all goesa ccording to plan : )

Matt B

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Getting there

I would say the first things you need to do before you can seriously think of yourself as a potential marine is get your 1.5 mile time below 11 mins, be able to pump out 40 press ups in a row followed by 30 good sit ups. Once you can do all that you have a good starting base to start your couple of months of serious fitness training before the PRMC.

Like Bradfordbulls said its not all about fitness, the other half is mental strength, determination, self will power, etc.
Try getting up an hour earlier than you have to everyday for a month, and use the extra time for a small run followed by a cold shower! This is really good for will power and mental strength.

let me know how you get on mate!