STARTING RT AFTER PRMC

JoePRMC

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Any one any ideas how long it takes to start RT after a successfull Potential Royal Marines Course ???

Thanks .. Joe[/b]

Shiloh79

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Hi,

Generally about 6wks, though could be sooner depending how on the ball your afco is and what RT places are available after you pass.

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
Shiloh is correct Joe, usually around 6 weeks on average.

However, if you have delayed any part of the following administration, it can be longer. Security Clearance is often a cause for delay. You must be in possesion of a valid passport & allow your AFCO to take a copy, if you haven't already:

TO ENSURE YOU GET THE EARLIEST POSSIBLE ENTRY DATE YOU MUST:

ڤ FULLY complete & return all application forms- Check Full postal addresses of nominated referees.

ڤ Pass Recruiting Test

ڤ Pass Selection Interview

ڤ Return FULLY completed Security Questionnaire- must be BLACK ink, covering a full 5 years of previous addresses of yourself & parents (& partner, if applicable)

ڤ Pass eyesight test (Ideally before medical)

ڤ Pass Medical

ڤ Ensure both references are completed & returned by your nominated referees- CHECK.

ڤ Pass Pre-Joining Fitness Test

ڤ Pass PRMC

ڤ Provide 4 X colour passport photographs.

ڤ Return all completed entry documentation upon receipt- do not delay

ڤ Possess a valid passport- CHECK

YOU WILL DELAY YOUR APPLICATION PENDING COMPLETION OF THE ABOVE

Rob

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
My AFCO told me it was pretty quick at the moment because theres not many people applying. They told me about 2-3 weeks.

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
There's actually been courses cancelled Rob, the next entry date that has vacancies, that I'm aware of, (although I'm on holiday this week) is week commencing 3rd December, but that may well be filled by now.

Rob

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I probs wont be in RT until after Christmas anyway. Why are courses getting cancelled?

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
Insufficient PRMC passes are the cause of course cancellations.

There is generally a nationwide "cooling off" in recruiting just before every Christmas - obviously people have other things on their minds, plus the fact there are those that (wrongly) think that if they start an application to join now, they'll be away for Christmas.

biggnick

Reaction score
it does surprise me that there arent enough prmc passes though because on my prmc, out of 58 people i think 46 passesd, and from what i gather most other prms's are like that aswell. I know that my join date has been pushed back because of a lack of numbers though, i was told I had to wait a bit longer to make the numbers up in a later troop.

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
You're right that those with sufficient preparation attending recently appear to be passing (taking into account we've had reasonably mild weather also), particularly those that had the benefit of attending Royal Marines Acquaint Day before PRMC, however, there are simply not enough attending PRMC in the first place.

the_robmeister

Reaction score
Ive got a question that i would be interested seeing if anyone knows.

If you pass the PRMC and between PRMC and your start date you pick up an injury, would you have your start date put back or would you be taken out of the application process?

Shiloh79

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
the_robmeister said:
Ive got a question that i would be interested seeing if anyone knows.

If you pass the PRMC and between PRMC and your start date you pick up an injury, would you have your start date put back or would you be taken out of the application process?
Depending on the severity of the injury your RT date may simply be put back till you passed medically fit again before you can enter your troop to begin basic training, well so i would imagine!

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
Shiloh79 said:
Depending on the severity of the injury your RT date may simply be put back till you passed medically fit again before you can enter your troop to begin basic training, well so i would imagine!
Yep, that's about it. You would normally have to re-visit the Medical Officer (MO) at the AFCO to confirm you are fit to enter.

The important thing to remember, disappointing as it maybe, it's pointless starting recruit training with an injury as you'll just be discharged & have to start all over again.

As long as you join within about 6 months of passing PRMC, you just need to be confirmed fit by the MO.

Likewise, there's no point attending PRMC whilst carrying an injury, simply cancel it & put it back- that way it will not count as a fail.