Stationary

JasonMc

Reaction score
In the recruits handbook it says to bring all these different kinds of pads and notebooks *text deleted* is this essential?, would it be okay if i just brought a single decent notebook?

It also says bring a plastic bucket?? what kind of plastic bucket do they mean?

thanx jay

RossRobObey

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
If it says to take them, If I were you. I'd bloody well take them.

TheBaker

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
*text deleted* yeah I can just imagine you whipping out your laptop in the field. :uglyhammer:

I'd just take them *text deleted* they cost pennies.

Woody

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
In the recruits handbook it says to bring all these different kinds of pads and notebooks *text deleted* is this essential?, would it be okay if i just brought a single decent notebook?

It also says bring a plastic bucket?? what kind of plastic bucket do they mean?

thanx jay

I was wondering about the bucket also. I can't imagine packing a bucket into a suitcase is easy. Surely a bucket can be purchased down at CTC.

milky

Reaction score
theres a good list of addtional kit somewhere, says the bucket is used for wet gear i think, most kit can be got down there, but is cheaper if you bring it, and on the basis 30/40 people all heading off to get the same kit, might be a stress buster just to take it.

Qwerty123

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Haha - I thought they wanted you to take a personal sick bucket for fizz sessions!

smithy85

Reaction score
Fairly sure the plastic bucket isn't needed mate, there's been quite a few posts by people who have already been to ctc and they say they were issued to them ( some had joined fairly recently) i personally won't be taking a bucket and not that much stationary either *text deleted* u get issued lots when you're there. just 1 a5 pad and a pen and pencil i reckon. obviously its up to you but like you've already pointed out you've *text deleted* pack all this stuff and not end up with 20 kit bags!