Sponsored Ad

Dismiss Notice
For fuller site visibility and advert-free browsing, simply log-in or register.

Stay humble but be proud

Discussion in 'General Royal Marines Joining Chit Chat' started by GreenNugget, Nov 8, 2019 at 9:10 AM.

1. GreenNugget

GreenNugget Ex Pongo

Hi guys and gals. Just wanted to apologise for my outburst t’other morning in what some young members called a blue on blue. Firstly I’m sorry and please don’t think that is representative of how blokes with a green beret (irrespective of cap badge) act. All I want to say to any future nods on here is the second you earn that green lid you have joined a brotherhood like no other. To be a Royal Marine Commando or a Commando in a supporting role is to join literally the elite fighting force in the world. Literally everyone has heard of Commandos but only a few can actually call themselves one! This is why humility is such an important commando quality lads. It was explained to me that the humble place less importance on the self and exhibit higher self-control in many situations. Having high self-control is one key to being a successful RM/Army Cdo. Having an obsession with the self can paradoxically lead to lower self-control as seen on the now deleted thread.
    There is no need to gob off that AACC or even RFCC are for those who don’t possess the minerals as that’s simply not true. I completed AACC and had to pass all the same Cdo tests as any RM to the same standard.
    We are a brotherhood. Since being awarded my green beret, a whole new world of opportunities had opened up to me. I’ve managed to get on a Cold Weather Winter Warfare Course and yes the snow yomp and ice breaker drills are grim.
    I’ve also provided close engineering support to 40 Cdo on tour and various exercises. In fact in one ex I was able to participate in a vertical assault course with two fellow sappers. We were trained by mountain leaders to ascend and descend steep faces and cliffs with weapons and kit, Commando skills we’d previously learned but which demand constant practice with the mountain leaders. I have literally at a front row seat watching a regular SBS squadron partake in a live firing ex in Scotland. I remember sitting on a rocky outcrop waiting to abseil down the cliff with sappers and RM’s alike, watching tracer and flares going off from the SBS, lighting up the sky like fireworks. Not bad eh?
    My point is lads, we are all part of the same family of green. Stay humble and stay grounded. Don’t act the big man but be proud! Now go smash CTC and get that lid. It’s an awesome life.It’ll be the best decision of your life. That beret means the world to me.

5E125730-126C-4BF6-86A9-828121D73B20.jpeg

• Like x 10
    • Nailed It x 5
    • Winner x 3
    • Gen Dit x 2
    • Gucci Info x 1
  2. Biggles

Biggles New Member

App Stage:
    Passed Recruiting Test
    Massive congratulation GreenNugget! You have nothing to prove you have the green beret. What a feeling that must be. Good luck to you :).

• Like Like x 2
  3. GreenNugget

GreenNugget Ex Pongo

Cheers- just wanted to get a point across after a stupid spat.

• Nailed It Nailed It x 2
  4. sharpe

sharpe Member

App Stage:
    Parent
    Does this mean the eagerly awaited “PTI-off” has been cancelled??

5. TheRents

TheRents Active Member

App Stage:
    Parent
    Please let's not go down that road again.

6. JayJ10255

JayJ10255 Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    I’ve gone through enough popcorn with the last entertaining spat of a thread, I’m now overweight for my prmc, definitely only side of my buttock is fitting in the pea shoot tunnels

7. sharpe

sharpe Member

App Stage:
    Parent
    Aside from @TheRents classic post which still has me smiling that was definitely a thread best forgotten

8. Chelonian

Chelonian Moderator

• Hoofin Hoofin x 3
    • Like Like x 1