Stay positive, there's a chance for everyone

Bigboots

Reaction score
I was made tmu at the triage stage for, two broken arms, osgood schlatters, a short bout of mild depression, an op on my tendon on my finger, a neck injury and mild scoliosis. My gp for all of these were passed over for a paper review which i was notified of the pass the same day and was booked in for a face to face medical. I also did my pjft before my medical (and passed) everything was fine at the medical except the Dr wanted more info from my gp about a urinary tract infection I had a few years back. So if I had followed ninja stoker's advice and brought all my gp notes with me regardless of something not being flagged up at the triage call I would have saved myself 3 weeks. Anyway, the gp sent over the notes which were reviewed this morning and my AFCO rang me to say I've been passed medically fit and he's *text deleted* start bidding for my prmc date. So on paper and after reading everyone's bad results on here I wasn't sure how much of a chance I stood but it just goes to show every case is different so stay positive and keep training. I also have a fair few black marks against me in places for the security clearance from mistakes I made when I was younger and I was cleared in a week. From here on out its all in my hands.

D

dodgyknees

I was made tmu at the triage stage for, two broken arms, osgood schlatters, a short bout of mild depression, an op on my tendon on my finger, a neck injury and mild scoliosis. My gp for all of these were passed over for a paper review which i was notified of the pass the same day and was booked in for a face to face medical. I also did my pjft before my medical (and passed) everything was fine at the medical except the Dr wanted more info from my gp about a urinary tract infection I had a few years back. So if I had followed ninja stoker's advice and brought all my gp notes with me regardless of something not being flagged up at the triage call I would have saved myself 3 weeks. Anyway, the gp sent over the notes which were reviewed this morning and my AFCO rang me to say I've been passed medically fit and he's *text deleted* start bidding for my prmc date. So on paper and after reading everyone's bad results on here I wasn't sure how much of a chance I stood but it just goes to show every case is different so stay positive and keep training. I also have a fair few black marks against me in places for the security clearance from mistakes I made when I was younger and I was cleared in a week. From here on out its all in my hands.

Were you brought up in Beirut???

Well done in getting this far and good luck with PRMC.

Bigboots

Reaction score
Haha no I just did everything a mother hopes there son won't do growing up and tried my hand at anything adrenaline fueled.
Nice one I've just *text deleted* train hard until I get my date now, hopefully it will be sooner rather than later, especially with the weather heating up

Bigboots

Reaction score
Yeah the Dr said all he cares about is if I made a full recovery on everything and I have full mobility which I do

Nella94

Reaction score
Hi, I was just told that my medical report hasn't been sent back to Capita yet from my GP, despite them saying to me Friday it had. Just emailed my AFCO wondering whether I can do the PJFT before waiting any longer.

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
Just emailed my AFCO wondering whether I can do the PJFT before waiting any longer.
Generally the Triage Nurse will advise - it's a medical call, rather than an AFCO call. They get a bit twitchy with injuries (lower-limb & back, in particular) and irregular heartbeats, high BP, mental health issues, etc.

Bigboots

Reaction score
Just keep chasing them, give them a reasonable amount of time to get things done then chase them again. Just make sure you're ready to do it at the drop of a hat

Nella94

Reaction score
I just received an email saying my paper review is tomorrow. How long is the turn around for that being done, and getting a date for PJFT/PRMC.

Bigboots

Reaction score
I found out same day mate and the pjft is as soon as you *text deleted* do it

Nella94

Reaction score
Cheers mate. Just *text deleted* scratch off the PJFT and get a date for PRMC now.