Stitches!

Commando Kennedy

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
ok yesterday i sliced just above my elbow and required stitches, nothing to major apart from the fact that i have my PRMC in 11 days..i've been advised to get the stitches out in 9 days..do you reckon i'll be able 2 crack on with my prmc or what??..thanks in advance lads

darbey2000

Reaction score
hey buddy, it might be worth re bookin prmc for another day. you don't want to go down the with the possibilty your injury causing you problems and failing prmc and then having to wait up 2 6 months to do it all again!

Priar

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Don't be such a fanny, just stick a plaster over the wound while your there. If it is above the elbow then it shouldn't stop you doing seal crawl.

Commando Kennedy

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
didnt think bout failin it n having 2 wait!!..im bookin an appt wiv my doc n ill see what he says..but im not *text deleted* get on my prmc till like november man! n yeah im been such a fanny t w a t!

MrSkippy

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Stitches for what?

If it was an injury like i did to my thumb (where i cut the side of it off from nail to hand) then yea.. rebook.

But if its just a surface cut not requiring surgery and can have them off in a week, then it's not going to affect it more than likely.

Commando Kennedy

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
cheers 4 *text deleted* replys..i had my dressing changed 2day ny my m8s mom n she sed that its practically healed n tht it should be fine..i also askd Marine Mark Paul Omrod who as you may be aware lost both legs and an arm n he said i should strap it n crack it! so i think im gna go 4 it!

tcsmith88

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah, I'd just go for it, mate. Quite likely you'll have to put up with a lot more than a few stitches in the future, *text deleted*.

Commando Kennedy

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
ennit *text deleted*!..throughout RT and Afghan im sure there will be! *text deleted*

pcampbell87

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Speak to your AFCO asap and get their advice.

Worst case when arriving at CTCRM for a PRMC with an injury is that you get sent straight back home. I cant imagine it would be a problem, especially as the stitches will be out by then, but speak to your AFCO to get their confirmation.