STOLEN HONOUR.

Rover

Reaction score
Started on OAMAAM.

Petition Make it illegal to wear service medals that you have not been awarded.

I am a Veteran of the Northern Ireland troubles and the Falklands War 1982. In both conflicts I lost friends. They did not see the medals that they had earned. It annoys me to see anybody wearing medals that they have not earned. I find it disrespectful to my friends and all the others who gave all.

More details

We are asked to sign a blank cheque, up to the value of our life. For this we may get a medal. To see somebody walking around wearing medals, who didn't serve or sign on, is disgusting. They have never put their life on the line. They have never been on active service and faced the enemy. Why should they be allowed to bring contempt upon the uniform of somebody who has come forward and protected the people of this country?

Sign this petition

41 signatures

Show on a map

At 10,000 signatures...

At 10,000 signatures, government will respond to this petition

At 100,000 signatures...

At 100,000 signatures, this petition will be considered for debate in Parliament

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/205795

Chelonian

Reaction score
Now that was an interesting read

Agreed. I waded through it all. :eek:

My growing bewilderment at the position argued by username T23ol was resolved by: "So for someone who was in the Military Police..." Cheers for the insight @Caversham :)

About ten years ago the Dartmouth branch of the Royal British Legion had a similar issue. One of its standard bearers had for many years claimed to have had an illustrious military career. His 'career' eventually emerged to be a total fabrication when he was outed by his ex-wife.
Some considered at the time that the RBL was reluctant to act. Somewhat like banks and financial institutions which cover up fraud to protect their reputations.

DutyWretch

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Signed.

Too many of these bellends and dreamers cutting around.

Not that I've ever met one.

However apart from work I'm essentially a hermit so that's no gauge of their number amongst us.

Seags98

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
They all seem to come out during Remembrance Sunday, I remember seeing an absolute screamer in combats tucked into a pair of Adidas trainers holding a collection bucket with “money 4 our troops” written on a scraggy peice of cardboard