Straight Back and Press Ups

j.cunners

Reaction score
The age old problem of keeping your body rigid whilst doing press ups is starting to affect me especially when I'm doing them when shattered like after a run. What the solution change technique or improve core strength etc?

ZZ

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
how old are you? because surely your posture when doing press ups shouldn't be a problem at all even if your the max age to join.

but to improve core strength you have to do loads of abdominal exercises.

p.s. im pretty drunk so my advice may be crap, but take it with a pinch of salt.

M

MTW

yea you need to strengthen your core, do ab exercises and leg raises and all that.

Qwerty123

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
*text deleted* at ZZ posting at 5:50 this morning. Good effort.:laugh:

Stick with the press-ups cunners, it comes with time, as your core muscles get used to it.

Abdominal excercises such as sit-ups are good, and i'm not sure but dorsal raises that work your back muscles might help as well?

Also practise holding the press-up position at the top, bottom and in the middle with good form.

atb

ZZ

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
haha i was f*cked last night.. didn't get home till half 5. and had to be up for paintballing at 8:30 *text deleted* got to bed about 6, and i couldn't do anything at paintballing otherwise i would have been sick.. but because of that experiance there is no way i will ever drink whilst in RT.