Strange Situation

Mingmong

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I've been hammering the phys over the past few months, over the past 6-8 weeks I've been trying to abide to a schedule of 4 interval sessions a week (hills, sprint sesh, Fintan +1 additional sesh of either one changed each week) in additional to a PJFT, 3miler and 5 miler (which sometimes doesn't happen). This has tired me but basically been attainable.

I took 3 days off last weekend to see friends in London. Straight back into the routine this week however, despite feeling refreshed and good to go by Wednesday every muscle in my body aches, like I've just trained for the first time. I forced myself through a sprint session today (probably not the brightest idea) and although my lungs felt great my legs where like lumps of concrete. I've decided to bin the hill sesh tomorrow and go for a swim and have the weekend off.

Anyone got any ideas as to why this might be occurring? I could understand if it was new programme I was on but it no different to what I was doing before the only difference being not feeling as mentally fatigued as before.

Sorry for the essay just pretty confused and really frustrated.

Cheers Lads.

DD

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
I'm no fitness expert, but hell I'll give a shot. Maybe not enough streching before and after you runs? Or maybe after your long weekend off, have more gradual, slower routine before getting back into your old one.

Chrisswan

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
i dont have a clue also, but maybe you just pushed your self more than previous sessions so aching occurs