Stretch Marks ??

Ty

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I'll throw it in this thread.

Anyone suffer from these ?. My chest is caked with them, and Im getting more across my biceps. Really irritates me, and has always made me feel kinda insecure around the ladies, even though I got them from body building. Still, they are really noticable and ever since I started losing more weight running and so fourth for the RM's, I've been getting more. I use some vitamen enriched E cream, I heard it suppose to help, but so far, hasn't done *text deleted**text deleted*.

Anyone else have any ideas, and even more importantly, this is no bar to the Marines right ? *text deleted*.

Cheers !

Rob

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I dont think the Royal Marines let you have stretch marks. Health and safety n all :(
You might have to put a bit of foundation on them to hide them and hopefully they wont notice...

Ty

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I hope your kidding me *text deleted*. Any guy that put's on a lot of weight has the ability to get stretch marks, or anyone that loses a good amount of weight. I don't think a body builder in the world exists that doesn't have any. If anyone knows could they fire me a message back.

Rob

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
*text deleted* yes mate Im kiddin. Ive got them too around my bicep from when I used to weight train and around my thighs for some reason. There just sick scars thats all nothing you can really do about them. Dont worry about it.

Ty

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
damn it Rob, you almost gave me a heart attack mate. What's with you blokes and always fooling me here, I guess Im just too gullible *text deleted*. When I make it to England I'll have to buy you all a round of beers, Molson Canadian of course !!.

Anyway, back on the topic, I heard there is a product called Stretch Renew which works wonders for people with it. I was thinking of ordering it, and checking it out.

Rob

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah Ty hopefully when Im in the marines I'll always keep an eye out for Canadian called Ty and you can buy me a beer.
Also speaking of being gullable if you say banana dead slowly it sounds like gullable. try it...youll see....

Azza01

Reaction score
Yea a got a few in the middle of my back, they came aorudn when i was like 14/15 in a growth spurt, they were pretty much purple to sytart but now have faded loads and look like very pale scares, just make up a cool story like u battled a tiger or something :p

SamForrest

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Dont worry about it mate,they play no part in getting in or not.I have them on my arms from my weight lifting days,wasnt a problem at all.

Ty

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks for the responses mate. Yea I tell everyone I wrestle bears haha, so it all works out I guess. It's good the marines don't care. Cheers !

ChrisC

Reaction score
I'm covered in the bastards - shoulders, back, biceps, stomach, inner thighs. Don't give a *text deleted**text deleted* about the aesthetics, but they can really itch sometimes.

Midnight_assassin

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Yea I've got some on my arm, I got a tattoo done and I lifted weights while it was healing, and you can see where my arm got bigger by the gaps in my tat *text deleted*.

Tarod

Reaction score
Flying frogs

While i was at college i weighed 18 stone and four pounds, 4 years on im training to join the marines, weigh just over 12 stone and have stretch marks covering almost 70% of my body, i have tried everything but beleive me nothing works better than just accepting who you are and not giving a flying frog what others think!! hope that helps

darvey

Reaction score
if any of you are worried about stretch marks my advice would be go see a beauty therapist, they are very understandind and usually very pretty ha ha bonus! stretch marks will fade over time as with all scarring.

chew1e

Reaction score
yeah i got some from my teenage days when i just grew to fast for me skin it seems, and a fair bit of chunk! feel embarresed about them but i deffo aint *text deleted* let it stop me joining.

rm1664

Reaction score
ive get them on my thighs and arms from when i was younger does it matter about getting in the marines

Chris

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Got them under my arms and inner thighs, i use a oil that makes the skin more supple and less prone to let the stretch mark continue to get any larger than it is. In general i find keeping skin mosturised with a body cream helps with chaffing aswell as keeping stretch marks as they are. Only way i know to get rid of them is to have plastic surgery and even then i dont know if they could do that to skin that gets that much friction.

ChrisC

Reaction score
ive get them on my thighs and arms from when i was younger does it matter about getting in the marines

Yeah, I'd hide them. The Marines are famous for their beauty and grace, and they wouldn't want an uggo like you spoiling it all. :doh:

;-)

Ashley

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
I didn't know stretch marks were so common! I know a guy who's mum put him in the bath when he was just a little nipper.. burnt his whole torso so badly that when he came out of hospital 4 months later he only had 1 nipple and he was covered in scars. As he's grown up the scars settled down alot but still so serious and he gets lots of comments when he goes swimming like "I hope that's not contagious," it's a real shame but the fact is he keeps his chin up and eyes forward and ignores anyone who disrespects him. He is one of the bravest guys I know for doing what he does. So you too should hold your head high, no matter what people think or see, no matter how disturbing people may think it is, I'll still have the up-most respect for you, for not letting it get to you!

As for treatment well, I'll find out from my sister who's a beauty therapist. I know she got my mum some oil which is supposed to be the dogs testi-balls.

Ash