Sponsored Ad

Dismiss Notice
'Users of this forum are reminded they should not discuss performance of individual attendees at PRMC or in Recruit Training for PERsonal SECurity and in observance of Diversity & Inclusion legislation'.

Stretching or swimming post workout

Discussion in 'Training Methods and Diet Suggestions' started by Vine, Jan 17, 2019.

1. Vine

Vine Active Member

What’s the opinion on this would I be better doing a full pool session or normal gym session followed by stretching ?

I prefer a swim after I’ve trained usually do 30-45 mins high intensity followed by 20 mins in the pool doing things like hypoxic widths, treading water, sprints intervals etc. I start RT in March (army) and don’t want to end up with a silly injury. fitness wise overall I’m well within what I need it’s mainly for injury management.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Caversham

Caversham Former RM Commando, Moderator

Do both. After you've finished a session a gentle stretch of the main muscle groups will benefit you. Follow this by a gentle swim for 10 to 15 minutes will relax all your muscles. Forget the sprints and hypoxic widths, (whatever they are!), just a slow few lengths is all that is required.

Good luck with the Army.

Alan

• Like Like x 1
  3. dewalt2001

dewalt2001 Member

App Stage:
    Application Submitted
    What you going for in the army if you don’t mind me asking mate

4. Jaykay2343

Jaykay2343 Royal Marines Commando

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    Go have a few pints. :)

• Like Like x 2
  5. Vine

Vine Active Member

Cheers again I’ll add that in. Would it be better to add a full swim session rather than the other work. Do the army do a BST ?
    Made a post a week or two ago explaining my situation mate (check my previous posts) it’s not the marines but it will give me what I’m looking for career wise my main reason is the same as joining the marines in the most part the travel the mates etc.
    Think that’s probably the best shout all round