Strongman training before applying for Marines

cutler05

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Evening/Morning all.

Just been looking at some of my videos on youtube so thought id post some here. Before i applied for the Marines i was training for strongman...... Yes the thing with car flipping and atlas stones..... Have stopped this now as its a completely different type of training than i need to be doing and comes with a high risk on injury which obviously i want 2 avoid!!

anyway... Enjoy!!

YouTube - Toby Cutler - 265kg Deadlift

YouTube - 120kg Atlas Stone

stevewwfc

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Evening/Morning all.

Just been looking at some of my videos on youtube so thought id post some here. Before i applied for the Marines i was training for strongman...... Yes the thing with car flipping and atlas stones..... Have stopped this now as its a completely different type of training than i need to be doing and comes with a high risk on injury which obviously i want 2 avoid!!

anyway... Enjoy!!

I think you need to go to the gym mate do some proper weights hahahaha only joking mate . that is some serious weight right there . i bet you have to eat like a horse to compete in in them strong man events?

Qwerty123

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Evening/Morning all.

anyway... Enjoy!!

'kin hell mate!
What an achievment becoming that strong, that's mad! Looks like your dedicated to your training, so if you can now apply that to RM style fitness, then you should nail it!

Stacka

Army Commando
Reaction score
*text deleted**text deleted* me that's intense.

Man you better be by my side in a bar brawl!

cutler05

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
cheers lads *text deleted* yer i do eat quite alot of food!! looking forward to my 4 all i can eat meals a day during RT *text deleted*

Regards to running... Its not as easy as it was when i was a couple of stone lighter but i can stil run the distance in the times so thats all that matters.

Strongmans taught me a real determination to not give up. Imagine pulling on a weight or pushing/lifting something that just doesnt seem to move... Muscles burning, head spinning, on the verge of passing out but stil trying to shift that weight because someone else has just done it (a guy usually a few stone heavier than me in most cases!) then it starts moving and you get a whole new energy running through your body...... Ive been trying to transfer that to my Marine training and it seems to be working!

Stacka: Cant wait for the bar brawls in Exeter mate *text deleted*

:bud:

Qwerty123

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Regards to running... Its not as easy as it was when i was a couple of stone lighter but i can stil run the distance in the times so thats all that matters.

:bud:

Oh b0llox - I was thinking no worries if i ever got in a fight with you, i'd use my speed and run into the distance - now it looks like that isn't even an option!:weird:

S

Sotiris

That's pretty awesome mate. I think the most important thing for you is that you know how robust you are now. I've been in and out of injury for 16 weeks now, a major concern for my YO training of course. Your joints and ligaments are obviously conditioned to the stress of a very demanding workout. That must be a huge weight of your mind.

I'm sure with the dedication you've applied to enhancing your strength, you can achieve any level of physicality by applying the same again.

Good luck mate, gald you're on our side.

Leedham

Reaction score
your not human!! *text deleted*
265kg dead's *text deleted*in insane

Touchstone

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
120kg dead is the most I have managed :S

But I think if you are applying for the Marines, then you certainly will need to lose a lot of weight. Anyone competing at this level wont have the body to weight ratio to be running to the correct standards, or so I believe, Ninja will tell you...

cutler05

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
120kg is the most ive ever cleaned and pressed! :laugh:

as for the to weight issue (BMI) ive had a chat with my careers advisor about it and been told they do take frame size into account which is good! cz my BMI is about 30 *text deleted* but im not fat and can handle the phys

New Threads