Struggleing with sit- ups

Chicogiz

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Hey guys. My sit ups have gone down. I cant improve, im trying so hard. I had to stop my sit-ups today as i had a pain, at the top of my legs. Also when i do sit ups my bone hurts while bending. You know the bottom of your spine where it meets your crack?

Any help will be grateful,

Cheers,

Luke.

Nintendouche

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Sit-ups are very bad for you to do a lot of.

They can cause lots of leg, ankle and back pain even if you do them in perfect form.

I say do more crunches and cut down on the amount of sit ups. Although crunches are just as bad for your back, but crunches actually tone and work your abs directly where as sit ups mainly work the psoas muscle which is to the side of your abs. But that doesn't mean you will get bad at doing sit-ups since crunches work the psoas muscles aswel.

RMC-Wannabe

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah mate, im a bodybuilder just going through selection process myself. In my opinion mate, add variety! Hanging leg raises are awesome and if done correctly they will def help out.

Chicogiz

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks for the help lads. This may sound funny ready: My bum checks hurt, u know that area at the top of your bum cheeks, thats what stoped me today. I thought i better stop to avoid injury. HAHA soz dont know the name of bum cheek area.

Many thanks *text deleted*,
Luke

RMC-Wannabe

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
glutes *text deleted*.

Your probably over doing it on situps mate, doing situps all the time will hinder your progression. Def try mixing it up mate. Hit every angle hard, then 1 or 2 days rest then hit it again. Recovery is key mate. Keep us posted.

jasejase

Reaction score
Planks are good mate. or as previously said hangin leg raises, id just stick to them for a bit.

Jase

Distant.RM.Cooper

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
I usually get my mate or a family member to hold my legs while doing them after all this is how they perform them on PRMC !

And definately mix it up it helps alot in the gym sessions on RT . . .