Stupidest things you’ve done to get “fit”

Vine

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
What is the craziest thing you’ve done in order to get “fit” and now you look back and think what was I doing there ??
Mine was when I had started training to join the RM at 18, I decided to be in the military you would have to run with weight so I banged a full bag of plaster (25kg at that point) stuck on my converse “running trainers” and proceeded to run and down hills with it that coupled with a programme that involved bench press and bicep workout outs looking back now still makes me laugh at the stupidity of it.

OddPikeFromCrimsonCity.

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
What is the craziest thing you’ve done in order to get “fit” and now you look back and think what was I doing there ??
Mine was when I had started training to join the RM at 18, I decided to be in the military you would have to run with weight so I banged a full bag of plaster (25kg at that point) stuck on my converse “running trainers” and proceeded to run and down hills with it that coupled with a programme that involved bench press and bicep workout outs looking back now still makes me laugh at the stupidity of it.
During the first lockdown, I non stoped exercised-biked for 12 hours straight (though every 1 hour i would get 5 mins off). I did it again the 2nd lockdown I dont know why, I was bored i guess because the leg pains after it last for a few days and its not worth it

mace

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I gave the 4x4x48 Goggins challenge a go. To be honest I was copying fine until the end of the 5th run when my right foot started to hurt. Since I didn’t see the point getting injured for a workout I stopped it.

CallMeLucifer

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I tried running 1k barefooted. Made it about half way until I realised my feet were totally shredded and covered with blisters.

OddPikeFromCrimsonCity.

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I tried running 1k barefooted. Made it about half way until I realised my feet were totally shredded and covered with blisters.
Interesting. I actually enjoy barefoot running and often i would just walk out barefoot or something after a while my feet have become immune to it all tho. If you enjoy barefoot running you can get barefoot running shoes. It gives u the feeling of running with no shoes but still gives u protection and comfort from the ground

CallMeLucifer

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Interesting. I actually enjoy barefoot running and often i would just walk out barefoot or something after a while my feet have become immune to it all tho. If you enjoy barefoot running you can get barefoot running shoes. It gives u the feeling of running with no shoes but still gives u protection and comfort from the ground
Oh I have got those shoes, now. I just came back from a 10k with them, too. Must admit, it does do one on your feet and calfs.

Broadsword55

Reaction score
I did this last summer. Running and I was in a rush when my knees started going and I got ITBS but I kept going but eventually it got so bad that I had to change something and thinking it was something more minor like PFPS I decided the best approach would be to take off my shoes and run the last 3/4k. Went alright until I got home and had small stones lodged in my heal for days.

OddPikeFromCrimsonCity.

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Oh I have got those shoes, now. I just came back from a 10k with them, too. Must admit, it does do one on your feet and calfs.

Yeah, I wouldn’t recommend it really. Though we are meant to have our feet naturally like that, we have all gotten used to normal shoes with padding etc. it will probably do More harm than good In the long run

CallMeLucifer

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I did this last summer. Running and I was in a rush when my knees started going and I got ITBS but I kept going but eventually it got so bad that I had to change something and thinking it was something more minor like PFPS I decided the best approach would be to take off my shoes and run the last 3/4k. Went alright until I got home and had small stones lodged in my heal for days.

Did it get infected?

OddPikeFromCrimsonCity.

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
You think?

Probably. I mean as humans we are so used to usual shoes with padding and comfort, that when we run barefoot its not that its bad for us its that we arent really used to it, plus barefoot running shoes you kind of slam your heel on the floor every time you run. I think its something you can do you just need to know how to run correctly with them