Suggestions and advice on fitness training.

Mr Angry

Reaction score
How would it be to just to run as preparation for the PRMC and do the required circuit training?

My swimming pool is closed for at least three months because basically the local council didn't bother maintaining it right and it has failed health and safety inspections. It will be amazing if they open it again to be honest as they are supposed to be building a new pool. There are no alterate pools in my area .

I have tried cycling but I live in a very urban area and frankly after a number of close calls I will be lucky to get to the PRMC. :bud:And I have to keep slowing down

So would it be okay to pound pavements five times a week early in the morning before work as well as do the circuit training if I build up slowly? I have bought some great running shoes that were recommended for me after getting my fee looked at in a shop. I am very keen to join but will I be at a disadvantage if I do not following the programme to the letter?

Trademark

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
u dont have to follo the programme its just an example, i dont know if uv got a gym there u could run on the treadmill, and u could do *text deleted* running before work like u said, just make sure u can do the tests

rusty92

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Hey mate..

Dont worry about not following the program which was sent to you in the post thats just an example to things to do, Like alot of people on here most people do there own training which suits them more!.. The one which was sent in the post to you was just a way to get you fit for PRMC.. Basically they dont want you to turn up to PRMC absolutely f*cked and not being able to do any of the gym test etc.. My advise would be to build up aerobic strength and the best way doing this would be going out running or cycling.. So yeah doing mainly running wouldnt be much of a problem but aslong as you change the distance and tempo of the runs every now and then. For example have a super fast 1 mile run on monday and on friday have a 3 mile jog.. Doing this will help build up aerobic strength and just general fitness!.. Also make sure you build up strength too.. Strength is another huge key to passing PRMC.. But as long as you train you should have a problem!..

Hope this is your question answered mate.. Anything else just ask!..

Good luck with everything buddy!.
Sam

Mr Angry

Reaction score
Thanks for the tips lads. I'm not exactly unfit as I am a gym rat to begin got a mate to test me in the gym I go to I can do

1 Pressups 30 (I don't know why Iam weak there)
2situps in 2 mins 82
3Pullups 17
I ran 3 miles this morning and can do it in about 20 mins.

I am probably going to still hit the gym twice a week too . My only other question is Iam quite a big bloke .Will the muscles make the PRMC harder? It's goiog to be a while till I can get up to Lympstone so I plenty of time to train so I want to be in the best shape I can be.

FletchPRMC

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Im the same mate, but how big is big? I was doing a one rep max of about 125kg on the bench, performed correctly, bar hitting chest etc.

*text deleted* I just cut the weights out completly for about 3 months before PRMC, but could still one rep max about 105 and I found it ok. Muscle does help, but only to an extent, then it hinders.