Suggestions

Simon1992

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Since I wont be joining the Marines for 2 years whilst I hopefully get through college I am going to train my body and mind to get me into a good state before I join.

So far I am doing the Royal Marine website workout programme, on it it says after 6 weeks you will have a basic CV level so that made me think.

I do 45 and 30 min runs, after 6 weeks (in 2) I think I am going to change my 45min run into a 45min cross trainer in the gym and start doing weights as well as my press up, pull ups etc.

Then after another 6 weeks I was thinking of changing my 45min cross training into 45 min swimming, and do that for 6 weeks, maybe get some lessons etc.

Then im not sure what to do after that, anyone have any ideas?

Thanks
Simon

ZZ

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
have cross trainer and swimming all mixed into 6 weeks..

personalise your programme to suit you and your lifestyle and the type of training you want to do.

because if you dont run for 12 weeks your running will suffer.

Simon1992

Reaction score
thanks for the advice,

ok so what I might do is, well I train 5 days a week so, I will do 2 running, 2 swimming and one cross trainer, and when I do cross training I will do weights and all the other times I will do press ups, pulls ups etc.

Thanks for the advice on the effects of my previous idea
Simon

ZZ

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
no worries mate *text deleted*.. good plan you have now though. but if your running isn't getting better after a few months then swap a swimming for an extra run.

Simon1992

Reaction score
thanks

Now I have to decide whether to just go swimming as I would presume I can do breast stroke ok or get some lessons *text deleted*, I can't see it being to hard to train myself up for it. After all one of the tips for the commando state of mind is to be independent so : D hahaha.

Thanks again
Simon

Paul-M

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I would say get lessons, once you're a good confident swimmer they'll push you to do loads of lengths and lots of swimming under water and games like retrieving bricks from the bottom of the pool, it's great cardio, and after all Marines are meant to be an amphibious force ;)