SuperSets

tripper

Reaction score
i was just interested to know what people thought about supersets, or working antagonistic pairs of muscles together (for example a set on the biceps, followed by a set on the triceps, then biceps etc). i personally find these to be beneficial but some people like to train the antagonistic pairs on different days.

does anyone have any major reasons for there preference or is it entirely up to the trainee?

anyone know any good supersets while im at it?

M

MTW

the only real one i do at the moment, which i suppose is a superset, is doing 7-8 overhand grip pullups, then 10 close grip normal (knuckles away from you) pull ups straight after, do three sets of that.

Paul-M

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
With bicep curls, only do the bottom half of the movement, so from the bottom to halfway up, do ten of those then bring it all the way up to the top of the movement and then do another ten from halfway to the top, do this is one set, it burns like a bitch *text deleted*.

M

MTW

pfffttt *text deleted*, thats the womans way, 12 from bottom to halfway, 12 from halfway to top, then 12 all the way from bottom to top (normal curls).

sooty795

Reaction score
hey guys

paul is right these are kills nick named "21`s" do them with strict form and feel the pain!!!!

Mnemic5

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
pfffttt *text deleted*, thats the womans way, 12 from bottom to halfway, 12 from halfway to top, then 12 all the way from bottom to top (normal curls).
Normally do, half to top, all the way, and then buzz out lower to middle until failure

3 sets, 7.5kg either side
final 4th set go until complete failure, wont be able to life another thing after, a great burnout excercise after an arm workout, leave it till last.

Seedytucker

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
an easier way is to go halfway up, then back down, all the way up, half way down back up then all the way down= one rep. rinse and repeat

New Threads