Supplements

ScottishRMR

Reaction score
creatine, potassium/magnesium if you cant get it through your diet. fish oil and caffeine

Benwolf

Reaction score
I’m currently training to pass the vPJFT and was just curious if I should take any supplements?
I don't think it's necessary, I managed fine without them. Plus, I wouldn't make my performance reliant on supplements now because I highly doubt you'll be able to use them in ROP/RT, best to get your body used to performing well without using them.
But that's just my take on it, someone else may better advice

Murk

Reaction score
I’m currently training to pass the vPJFT and was just curious if I should take any supplements?
Don't take supplements for the sake of it, if you've got an issue, it can be addressed with a supplement while you realign your diet.

Vigorous daily exercise might call for more electrolytes, but that essentially just means you should eat more food with them in rather than live of pills if you know what I mean.

As said above its no use making them part of your daily routine when that'll go down the pan in RT.

Rob20

Royal Marines Commando Moderator
Reaction score
I don't think it's necessary, I managed fine without them. Plus, I wouldn't make my performance reliant on supplements now because I highly doubt you'll be able to use them in ROP/RT, best to get your body used to performing well without using them.
But that's just my take on it, someone else may better advice

This is a good standpoint for anyone in the process

The guide

Careers Advisor
Reaction score
@CalvinMcc1 - If you can,t pass VPJFT without supplements (or you feeling the need for them to be precise) you are in trouble, supplements are not allowed in any form in training full stop, for a myriad of reasons well covered in other posts asking the same thing.

So in short - No !

CalvinMcc1

Reaction score
Thanks everyone, I was just checking but I guess I’ll just keep to what I’ve been doing with no supplements as I’ve been making good progress anyway

Mattys

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score

If you mean supplements such as steroids or sport enhancing drugs to make you pass it then no as what you going to do when you pass it then it comes to ROP and then RT and you have fitness tests you’ll be in for a shock when you can’t use these.

If you have problems with your diet or just trying to lean up a bit providing you have a high BMI and need something convenient like whey protein shakes then i see no problem having these if there part of a healthy diet or calorie deficit ,

I take whey protein in the morning and evening as it helps with me in leaning out as I have a BMI of 30.2 but only being 5”9 it’s just to heavy even tho my waist is in the requirments. It does nothing for sports enhancing it’s just getting in extra protein after a workout rather than me destroying a flapjack or some rubbish which will only keep the weight on so there is benefits to taking some form or protein if it’s beneficial in that regard.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Fairbairn-Sykes Question on supplements POC Section 3
D Supplements in RT Training Plans and Diet Suggestions 9
A Supplements Training Plans and Diet Suggestions 16