Sweatsuits & Sauna Suits

AdamG

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Are these ideal for training? My mate who goes boxing wore one last night and honestly I've never seen so much sweat in my entire life. However, the trainers were saying that they are no good for you and all they'll do is get rid of body fluid rather than body fat.

So what are these suits for? Would they be ideal to train in or is there no point? I've got some lose skin I'd like to lose, but not sure if these suits will do the job.

SamForrest

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
No point at all mate. These dont get rid of fat, or excess skin. All they do, is dehydrate you so you can lose water weight. Its not at all what you want if your always looking to have energy and stay hydrated.

RC

Reaction score
No, mate they won't help at all.

The only use for them (that I can think of), is to loose weight IMMEDIATELY before a weigh in for a Boxing / MMA fight, even then, it's not the best idea.

As soon as you rehydrate, you will regain the weight you have lost through sweating.

Waste of time.

Rich.

AdamG

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Ok thanks for your answers guys. I'm weighing in around a good weight right now, just that I wanted to be slightly lighter so that when I attend in November I'll be able to feel more explosive.

Not many people advise them anyway, so I think I'll keep clear of them especially if they drain the energy away.