Swimming PRMC?

zrjace

Reaction score
Didn't know what section to put it in but hope this is the right section!
Was just wondering is it possible to wear a nose clip on this or do you fail if you cant swim without holding your nose,ive been trying to swim without holding my nose but it stings everytime i swim underwater?

chris1988

Reaction score
mate just a quick answer for this. in swimming you shouldnt hold your breathe you should blow through your nose, i no this as i was a semi professional swimmer, and im currently in my civillian job a swimming teacher. so ye try blow through your nose, i no its not the question you have asked to be answered but if your not alowed try it get back to me if you need any more advice!

zrjace

Reaction score
mate just a quick answer for this. in swimming you shouldnt hold your breathe you should blow through your nose, i no this as i was a semi professional swimmer, and im currently in my civillian job a swimming teacher. so ye try blow through your nose, i no its not the question you have asked to be answered but if your not alowed try it get back to me if you need any more advice!
yep my dad said you should do that do and he dont have problems with holding his nose but i find it hard to blow through my nose!Dont know why!

Thanks for the info mate!

M

MTW

you'd probably have the piss ripped out of you a bit by the corprals but you probably can wear it, but probably wouldnt be allowed in any battle swiming tests.

Gtlaau

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Hey mate

You do know you cant breath under water right ???

sorry for the dig :) just listen to the boys. one of them is a swim teacher. i am sure he can give you a few techniques to practice

Cheers tom

zrjace

Reaction score
Hey mate

You do know you cant breath under water right ???

sorry for the dig :) just listen to the boys. one of them is a swim teacher. i am sure he can give you a few techniques to practice

Cheers tom
yep i know that mate,i just cant get the hang of swimming without holding my nose,no matter what the water just comes up through my nose!

Cheers though

v3locity

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
*text deleted* dude dw about that i dont like swimming underwater without holding my nose either. but just go to the pool and try swimming widths breathing out through your nose and you will get the hang of it!

The Bishop

Active User
Reaction score
Hi ZRJace,

From the point of a crap swimmer like I was and probably still am, get a pair of goggles. They make it a lot easier to go under the water and still concentrate on your technique.

But try your best to get it sorted beforew going into RT, the last thing you want is to be doing extra swimming in your free time to catch up to the other guys.

MrSkippy

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Trust me, as with all things in life practise makes perfect.
And after a while it DOES actually stop hurting, I used to have the problem :bigsmile:

lelundo

Reaction score
i wouldnt suggest wearing a nose clip to be honest,

its only a bit of a sting at most, jsut put up with it, thats going to be the least of your worries on the prmc to be honest.

and also i fail to see how you can swim a lap of the pool breaststroke whilst holding your nose, surely yoru jsut going to be doing tiny little circles?