Swimming Problems........

Lshort1988

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Oh dear, my PRMC is in just over 2 weeks and ive been concentrating on getting ready for it the one thing i completely disregarded was the swimming part... basically im quite a weak swimmer if it was a length of crawl id be fine but i never managed to pick up the breast stroke i can do the arms of the stroke fine and do a length using this with a normal kick but i cant get the hang of the breast stroke kick........ my question is,

*would i get away with what im doing, breast stroke with my arms but an ordinary kick OR

*do you think i have sufficient time to get the hang of the stroke just enough to pass this part

FINALLY... would I fail my PRMC if i couldnt do this??

Ty

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Your not graded on the swimming part. It's more or less just so you can get use to have to swimming, but from what I understand people that can't even swim can move on into RT.

The form for the " frog kick " is difficult. I've been trying to master it for the last month *text deleted*. I'd do your best to master it, if not, do what you feel comfortable with so you can at least swim around the pool. Regardless, they will teach you in RT how to do it properly.

Shiloh79

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Hiya Lee,

As for getting the hang off the breast stroke mate, yeah i'd say you should be able to get it sorted before your prmc comes round! You might have to focus a bit more on it for the next week or so than your workouts but you should be grand!
As for failing ... not to sure on that one! I'd say if you put in a poor preformance in this and were just about scrapping by on rest they'd probably take it into consideration! But from what i've read about your training you should be spot on with the other bits of prmc.

With reagrds to the swimming side of things - when i did my swim assessment we all swam once AROUND the pool, not one length like it says! So in actual fact, you'll be doing 2 lenghts & a width of the pool before you can get out so bear that in mind mate!

Lshort1988

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Cheers for the replys lads, ive got two lifelines then plan a: is to get the technique in time for prmc which im going to try ill be up early this week practicing daily... plan b: is if plan a fails work my arse off to the point where im half dead so when i fail this part it doesnt affect their decision *text deleted*