Swimming

Mr H

Reaction score
As well as my main training, I've started to focus a lot more on swimming.

Does anyone have any training plans or circuit style workouts that I could try when swimming, as all I've been doing recently is swimming breaststroke for about 20 minutes, followed by some hypoxic widths.

Any help would be appreciated.

Nod1201

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Honestly that's decent for swimming you could maybe increase the time swimming or you could increase the hypoxia widths but try use swimming as recovery so long as you're a decent swimmer you should have no problems. Maybe try collecting something from 3.5m to get used to duck diving

Nod1201

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Not to sure but I'm sure duck diving is the easiest way to dive down

wetpaperbag

Reaction score
@Mr H Can't recommend enough seeing a coach and getting in on a few coached/group swim sessions.

A couple of sessions with a decent coach or group, and you'll go from 20 minutes of breast stroke, to regular 3000 meter structured sessions in no time.

-ask at your pool if they have an adult swimfit group and/or some swim workout cards.

stumpylegs

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Mix it up like you do running, one time do 8x100m sprint session with rest between each 100m next time do 30-40 mins steady swim then go for 60mins next time etc

A coach would give you structured sessions, a swimming teacher would help you improve technique, so more efficient in the water.
Do you need the help of either? Because you can structure your own sessions.
Granted you will work harder swimming with a group