Switching from Terrain to tredmill

Richard

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I don't see how this happens but its happend to me!
I could do my 1.5 mile run on the tredmill in 9.35. *text deleted* been running on terrain for the past month and doing ok i find it abit harder for some reason, now i went on the tredmill a couple of days ago and i can't get the same results i did a month before, i actually had to stop and redoo the run an hour later. How is this?
Any help would be great.
*text deleted*.

GaryA

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
i find it hard to run on a treadmill at my gym i think there is less oxygen in the room i am gasping for breath a lot more and sweat buckets i h8 it

Death-Oar-Glory

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Possibly the still air, as you're running on the spot you don't have oxygen rushing at your face.

It might be you're either getting bored or not relaxed. When outdoors, naturally I'm more relaxed, but also I'm not so intently focussed on my running, so I find it easier to get rhythm. maybe that's it?

Just put some music on, and push yourself indoors.

Richard

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Yea i do get bored going on a tredmill, when im running on terrain i make it fun my planning it on mapmyrun.com and i can go different routes every time. And yea music does help alot put its not like there *text deleted* let you plug earphones in when you do your 3 miler on PRMC?

Death-Oar-Glory

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
No, but then are you gna need motivation/something to focus with when you're on your PRMC/POC!?

I'm fairly sure they'll be something else pumping: ADRENALINE BABY! OOOOOOH YEHHHHHHHH!

Sorry.

I needed to vent that...
::P

Richard

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
yea i see haha, i do have adrenaline. When it comes down to being at PRMC im just *text deleted* keep thinking that everyone here can't all be fitter then me im surely not *text deleted* be the slowest. It should motivate me abit :cheesy:

ninjamej

Reaction score
i agree with you there fellas when traing for the pjft i was doing 8.30`s for it now il go in the gym and find it hard to do 9.00 when on the road im doing 9.04 on the road at best just a different type of running fellas