Talk about getting ripped off!

Nintendouche

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Don't you just hate it when you are getting ripped off from a well known brand product and you know the only reason its that price because of the brand name

I play guitar and my amp channel select foot pedal broke, so i thought i would just buy a new one thinking they cant be that expensive since its just a basic bit of equipment.

I then went on this MESA BOOGIE FOOTSWITCH ROADSTER - U.K. International Cyberstore and got kicked in the balls with the ridiculous price tag.

The amp itself although a great amp it was about £2000 you are paying about £1600 for the brand name alone.

Have you ever been ripped off like this?

R. M. Pitt

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Ye! I bought a bar of chocolate for 51p once and it was on sale for 50p down the road!! :mad:

AdmiralAwesome

Reaction score
My mate once bought an Ipod off ebay, or so he thought...

Turns out, the listing was worded in such a way that it wasn't actually advertisting an ipod...

He paid £40 for a list of where you can buy ipods.

Qwerty123

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Hehe, you're only ripped off if you part with the cash and buy it!

If people are dumb enough/willing to pay £150 for a branded t-shirt, then fair play to brand for selling them i reckon!

v3locity

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Well to be honest mate Mesa is probably one of the best if not the best out there... The amps are absolutely amazing sound!

Qwerty123

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Well to be honest mate Mesa is probably one of the best if not the best out there... The amps are absolutely amazing sound!

Hehe, one of my housemates has just been out and bought some joke effects pedal and a PRS custom 24 guitar (i don't know anything about guitars, it's just he's talking about it constantly!)
Spent nearly 2 grand in total which i think is expensive, but he's happy with it and thinks it's money well spent so fair enough.....................If only he could play the chuffin thing:biggrin::saythat:

v3locity

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Haha... Well he has too much money!

Well if i had the money a mesa amp is definitely what i would buy!

You get what you pay for... Obviously nothing wrong with shopping around though!

Gixer600Dan

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Penny sweets are now 10 penny sweets...not that i eat them anymore of course :wink: