Tarzan Assualt Course

a flying dodo

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Just how high is the course? Also do they use safety nets?

I really do hate hights but its something that i will overcome in time, no "death slide" will stop me. Just need an idea of what hights i need to become acustomed to.

I have read commando by Chris Terril and it says thet there are no safety nets but when i watched the 55 year old commando i saw there were safety nets.

Any help will be apreciated.

Dan

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
There's only safety nets on a couple of things.

Most of its 30 feet up.

Nacnud

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
hello flying dodo, most of the parts are 30 ft up, basically any height that is enough to break your legs will have some sort of safety feature, be it a safety net, or a harness, or whatever. Some of the parts are only a few feet above the ground, a small tumble into the mud won't do you any harm to your body.

As for getting accustomed to heights, not a lot I can suggest. You could get down to your local swimming pool and jump off the diving boards. When you get comfortable with the heights, thats a step forward.

Also, heights often look scary simply because your head is at the top of your body. If you were to get your head down to your feet, it wouldn't look half as bad, because you would be much nearer to the floor.

J

Jason_A

Just think of this: You're doing something that normal civvie people pay for.

RC

Reaction score
basically any height that is enough to break your legs will have some sort of safety feature, be it a safety net, or a harness, or whatever.
No mate, there are several parts without any safety features / netting that are plenty high enough to break a few bones.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=7PofShGrQkE

Flying dodo, have a look at the above video. It should give you some idea of what to expect.

Rich.

a flying dodo

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks alot guys, good advice. And alot of it has really put myind at rest.

I know once i do it once i'll be fine.