Tattoo Question

louis07

Reaction score
Basically, I’ve got a half sleeve of tattoo’s and the one on my outer forearm is of Zeus’ head (not sure how posting a picture would affect persec rules? So thought I’d ask first), and was wondering if this is a breach of the tattoo policy in anyway?

I’ve had a look at the tattoo policy and the only thing it could possibly be linked with is religion? But i don’t really think it’s religious, Greek mythology is not a religion so shouldn’t be an issue?

Hope this isn’t a silly questions, just been playing on my mind a bit that’s all. Any help would be hugely appreciated.

Chelonian

Reaction score
Basically, I’ve got a half sleeve of tattoo’s and the one on my outer forearm is of Zeus’ head (not sure how posting a picture would affect persec rules?
Others have posted images of their tats before. I'm surprised we don't have a specific thread to showcase the ink. :)

Unsure how Greek mythology differs from Christian mythology but hopefully one of the Careers Advisers here will apraise and give you an answer.

ThreadpigeonsAlpha

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Basically, I’ve got a half sleeve of tattoo’s and the one on my outer forearm is of Zeus’ head (not sure how posting a picture would affect persec rules? So thought I’d ask first), and was wondering if this is a breach of the tattoo policy in anyway?

I’ve had a look at the tattoo policy and the only thing it could possibly be linked with is religion? But i don’t really think it’s religious, Greek mythology is not a religion so shouldn’t be an issue?

Hope this isn’t a silly questions, just been playing on my mind a bit that’s all. Any help would be hugely appreciated.

Nah mate that’s totally fine.

Johnny_Anonie

Reaction score
There seems to be a thread hanging from your t-shirt with a picture of Zeus on it. When you arrive at CTC be sure to ask stores to issue you a pair of adult arms. Sorry couldn’t resist.

For reference for any other candidates who arrive on this thread via a search below is a copy from the updated policy. Best of luck with your training @louis07

191AFD3D-7355-4948-AA8F-DDF5AE7D086F.jpeg

louis07

Reaction score
There seems to be a thread hanging from your t-shirt with a picture of Zeus on it. When you arrive at CTC be sure to ask stores to issue you a pair of adult arms. Sorry couldn’t resist.

For reference for any other candidates who arrive on this thread via a search below is a copy from the updated policy. Best of luck with your training @louis07
Aha! I’ll be sure to ask, thanks :D

george2002

Reaction score
Ive just sent in my application but have a tattoo booked in 2 weeks, is it fine to get tattos while in the application process. Obviously it will be healed long before i get to ctc

Chelonian

Reaction score
Ive just sent in my application but have a tattoo booked in 2 weeks, is it fine to get tattos while in the application process.
Obviously be mindful of infection risk.
What is the design? None of my or anyone else's business. Asking out of interest.

stumpylegs

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
They normally tell you not to get tattoos during leave whilst in training but most lads, myself included didn’t have any dramas when we did just make sure it’s not at the end of leave and/or right before an exercise in the field, Woodbury common will give you infections from goose bushes, let alone also having a fresh tattoo
Ive just sent in my application but have a tattoo booked in 2 weeks, is it fine to get tattos while in the application process. Obviously it will be healed long before i get to ctc