*text deleted* back 2 fitness

smasheej0069

Reaction score
now den ppl. i am currently 3 weeks into my training programme which i down-loaded frm the web-site and am loving it. i have spent a few years smokin weed and doin nothin, so i had a word wit me-self and decided to join the corps. its somethin i always wanted 2 do and cant wait

FletchPRMC

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Fair play mate on making that decision, just dont smoke anymore at all. Hopefuly your life will be on the up training to be a royal marines commando. I dont know what the score is with drug test in your medical tho, hopefully someone can clear up the issue.

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
now den ppl. i am currently 3 weeks into my training programme which i down-loaded frm the web-site and am loving it. i have spent a few years smokin weed and doin nothin, so i had a word wit me-self and decided to join the corps. its somethin i always wanted 2 do and cant wait
(This thread has been split from the "medical changes" one & established in it's own right.)

Welcome the site.

It maybe worth floating into your nearest AFCO & having a word wit a careers adviser dude, to clarify the RN drugs policy, before you waste a lot of nugatory effort. In addition:

Candidates are not eligible for entry into the Naval Service and are not to be processed with any of the following unspent convictions:
1. Hospital Order.
2. Sexual offences (including those listed on the Sex Offenders Register).
3. Offences involving loss of life.
4. Arson.
5. Misuse of Drugs:
6. Any offence relating to Trafficking or Supply of drugs.
7. Any offence relating to the use of Class A drugs.
8. Convictions for "possession for personal use" of a Class B or C drug.
9. Offences against persons, property, dishonesty or serious motoring offences.

Good luck, you may need it.

M

MTW

Fair play mate on making that decision, just dont smoke anymore at all. Hopefuly your life will be on the up training to be a royal marines commando. I dont know what the score is with drug test in your medical tho, hopefully someone can clear up the issue.

well they say that urine test if jut for liver disease, but *text deleted**text deleted* knows whatelse they can find out, plus you have no chance even *text deleted* to prmc if uve had to much wacky backy to be honest. i do *text deleted* that once you start training they have the right to random drug test you, and they arnt bluffing so i have heard.

edit, most of that was directed at "smashee" not Fletch

greenlid

Reaction score
I think they can only detect weed in you're piss if you've smoked it in the last 4 weeks, but not 100% on that.

FletchPRMC

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Fcuk knows *text deleted*, best thing to do is just not too smoke it at all, ever.

Creed

Reaction score
As long as he hasn't smoked weed in a few months i don't think they can detect it unless maybe he was smoking bullock loads of the stuff :albert:

I don't really know o.0

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
Have you ever been caught with it? Aslong as you keeo of it for a good few months you should be fine. Your *text deleted**text deleted*ed if they test your hair thoughh :D
Guess what?

The compulsory random drugs test (of which the Army is the lead Service) is very soon to be changing to incorporate...Yep, hair as well!

The other issue is that if you are or were a habitual user, notwithstanding the psychosis aspects, you plainly do not meet the standards expected of the RN Drugs policy & therefore are ineligible to join.

Freddles

Reaction score
drugs

You can buy some of those drug tests on the internet to check it's out of your system completely before you apply which i don't think you'd be doing for a while anyway seeing as you're only 3 weeks into the program

greenlid

Reaction score
If you want it enough you'll wait. Stick it out, keep training and I'm sure all will come good for you in the end.