Thank God

brummielad

Reaction score
Praise the Lord.

I spoke to my afco and they have given the all clear for laser eye surgery he was actually quite impressed saying it obviously means alot to you to go out your way and spend 900 plus on it( asda wages im not rich). Fingers crossed now nothing stops me from joining in 2 or so years. Im prepared for the worst:weird:. Anyways i got back into training like yesterday i thought i ll have a crack at the mile an half on a treadmill and got like 10.30 and i was on my last legs i thought i was going to pass out :laugh:.

Can anyone shed any light as too if this a pass or fail for the pjft i know this may be wrong section an all but i cant be arsed to move it now:doh:

M1664

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
you want to be getting around 9.30 in the pjft mate to be safe and not stand out, but if you have got 2 years then you will probably be able to get faster than that after some training.

dj1uk3

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
firstly, well done on getting your eye surgery sorted out,

secondly, the PJFT is now 3 miles!

You've got 2 years mate, you'll be fine

Simmoinshoes

Reaction score
The PJFT is 1.5 mile run in less that 12min 30sec, then a 1min rest, then another 1.5 miles in less than 10min 30sec.

Good luck with the laser eye surgery .

F.M.J

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Praise the Lord.

I spoke to my afco and they have given the all clear for laser eye surgery he was actually quite impressed saying it obviously means alot to you to go out your way and spend 900 plus on it( asda wages im not rich). Fingers crossed now nothing stops me from joining in 2 or so years. Im prepared for the worst:weird:. Anyways i got back into training like yesterday i thought i ll have a crack at the mile an half on a treadmill and got like 10.30 and i was on my last legs i thought i was going to pass out :laugh:.

Can anyone shed any light as too if this a pass or fail for the pjft i know this may be wrong section an all but i cant be arsed to move it now:doh:

hi mate! i just failed my eye test, can i have all of the details of your eye surgery?

1) how long do you have to wait before reapplying for RM?
2) how much is it breaking the bank?
3) what type of surgery is it? i understand there are several types and your only allowed 1 type if you want to join RM

brummielad

Reaction score
Firstly let me just say aint it a right kick in the knackers when you fail and im sorry to hear that you did. Right mate you have to wait 12 months after having surgery to be able to apply again. Im going private becuase i want it done quicker but you can get it much cheaper but you will be on a waiting list so it could take years of waiting say if you do it through the nhs. Im paying 976 for mine and thats just for one eye *text deleted* crazy world we live in hey. There are different treatments so i cant really advise you on that. What did you fail for mate if you dont mind me asking. My left eye was as good as can get yet my right eye is pants i couldnt even read a book in front of me with my left eye closed i only look out of one eye if that makes any sence what so ever.

F.M.J

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Firstly let me just say aint it a right kick in the knackers when you fail and im sorry to hear that you did. Right mate you have to wait 12 months after having surgery to be able to apply again. Im going private becuase i want it done quicker but you can get it much cheaper but you will be on a waiting list so it could take years of waiting say if you do it through the nhs. Im paying 976 for mine and thats just for one eye *text deleted* crazy world we live in hey. There are different treatments so i cant really advise you on that. What did you fail for mate if you dont mind me asking. My left eye was as good as can get yet my right eye is pants i couldnt even read a book in front of me with my left eye closed i only look out of one eye if that makes any sence what so ever.

976 for one FUC'KING EYE?????????????????? check my thread titled 'eye test BOLL0CKS'