The big list o' PRMC tips n things....

himself

Reaction score
In no particular order

1) Bring more than one shirt.... if not then avoid white shirts - black hides dirt!
2) Bring at least 4 pairs of Socks n Jocks... your gona sweat like you've never sweated and trust me your underwear will soon feel like a pair of soggy swimming trunks..
3) Dont forget your Flip Flops! (if your buying a pair dont buy a pair that's soaks up water - squelch squelch...)
4) Bring 2 coat hangers - some lockers have them... most dont
5) Make sure you get a bottom bunk - the novelty of having to climb up into a bed should of worn off with childhood!
6) Bring a washbag to put all your dirty sweaty clothes into
7) Check your stubble 'o' meter through out the day and shave twice if needed
8) At meal times tuck your tie inside your shirt - its a gravy magnet!
9) when getting a cup and water bottle pick a bottle that's easily identifiable and check your cup isnt broken - some had cracks
10) If you see free Mars bars at breakfast take one for later...
11) When you get down the shop on the first night buy some J-Cloths - cleaning with paper towels can be a pain in the ass
12) Pick a bunk just inside the door - you'll have a table to spread your junk on and be beside the mirror and chair
13) there'll be a collection of £1.50 for tea, juice and biscuits - (that may change) but if so make sure you make the most of it - nothing beats a nice cuppa tay and a bickkie...
14) take a piss at every opportunity afforded. take a crap like wise...... your going to be drinking alot and eating alot so bodily functions can come knocking at your door at all the wrong times!
15) leaving by the back door via the drying rooms to the galley is alot quicker that having to go up the stairs and back around
16) Dont arrive too early to Lympstone - nothing happens until after scran so your going to be doing alot of nothing
17) Dont arrive late - if its a large course your going to be left with the *text deleted**text deleted*e clothing and boots...
18) Shut up!! its a simple concept yet for most on the course an impossibility - you can talk all you like in the rooms and in your own time - dont do it when your all fell in ranks or outside the rooms
19) remember that fella who's really starting to annoy and piss you off may be the one counting your press ups and push ups.... like wise is could be your new best buddy... hint hint...
20) the bleep test can get a little crowded - make sure you have room to turn or you'll find the going tough
21) It says on the joining instruction to wear speedos - most didnt but for those who do bring them be a buddy and wear them too - budgie smugglers are bad at the best of times with out feeling like an idiot - solidarity!
22) Don't wear hair gel - time fixing your hair to impress dudes is pointless and will be explained to you likewise with the aid of a bucket of water on the tarzan slide
23) Bring insoles for your boots.... and check those you do get are correctly laced
24) Learn all the crap on the core history and training but dont be amazed or disappointed if your not asked
25) Bend and stretch...... its hatefull... plain and simple
26) emmmm... running out at this stage...
27) ohh.. make sure you have room in your bag for boots if you pass
28) check the packed lunch you receive before they send you home - i dont like salt and vinegar crisps! also would of likes a Snickers over a Mars
29) Bring a pen or at least steal the one the Barcleys bank lady will give you to fill out the forms
30) Be repaired to have the piss taken out of you... what ever insecurities you may have all are above board - theres no harm behind it so just take it on the chin and laugh about it

..... right well im sure there's lots more tips n things but my heads starting to melt if any one else would like to add then add away!

Seedytucker

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
cheers himself. this may sound retarded, but RE number 8, you have to wear a shirt and tie for PRMC? thought that was just POC?
cracking post *text deleted*

himself

Reaction score
yup... you'll arrive down there suited and booted... and for all lecture periods and meal times you'll be in shirt and tie - with 4 meals a day you soon get fed up having to get changed into it all the time.. ohh on that note heres two more tips

1) get your mother to sew velcro on instead of buttons!
2) dont untie the knot on your tie... just slip it on and off

M

MTW

earplugs!.....a must if your a light sleeper! not for people snoring but for the squeakiest beds in the world! and do the people that say you wont wake up....you will *text deleted*

Ipodbob

Reaction score
altho i managed to sleep threw the bloke with the cough when everyone else didn't haha

Loz

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
yup... you'll arrive down there suited and booted... and for all lecture periods and meal times you'll be in shirt and tie - with 4 meals a day you soon get fed up having to get changed into it all the time.. ohh on that note heres two more tips

1) get your mother to sew velcro on instead of buttons!
2) dont untie the knot on your tie... just slip it on and off

That a joke *text deleted*?

TheBaker

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I wish we did 15 when we I was there, never thought of that. :cheesy:

30) Said it a million times, make sure to get a good drinking at every opportunity, don't be shy of the sometimes *text deleted**text deleted*ty tasting water & germs.
31) DON'T SCRATCH OR FIDGET in the gym.
32)Take 2 towels
33)Take some Compeed & Zinc Oxide tape if you think you may get blisters(if you don't like them), I thought I might but didn't get any, others did though.

Can't think of anything else. :)

DamageInc85

Reaction score
Out of interest how long are the lecture periods?
It's just I have the attention span of a 5 year old and really have to gear myself up for things like that.

SamForrest

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
IpodBob. Were you in my room (8), i was 'Hitman' in the bottom bunk near the window!

M

MTW

It's just I have the attention span of a 5 year old and really have to gear myself up for things like that.

*text deleted*...about an hour for most and one of them maybe 1.5/2 hours.

TheBaker

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Well they're not boring, they're all relevant to the RM and what you will be doing.

If you found them boring...:worried:

helliwell

Reaction score
im sure its posted up else where but isnt it.......

1.5miles in 12 mins (group)
1 min rest
1.5 miles in 10 mins 30 seconds? or as quick as you can do it (on your own effort)

60 push ups in under 2 mins, 80 situps in 2 mins and i think 8 pull ups is it?

thats what you need to get in for starters. they build you up after that.

and to the point... thanks for this! its nice to see others comments on what to expect! *text deleted* got my medical. so not yet at the PRMC stage but...

well fingers crossed! :bud:

Nacnud

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
it is advised that you arrive in smart civvie clothes, so yes shirt and tie. Turning up wearing bracelets, rings, t-shirts with naughty words all over it and jeans is a definitely a bad mistake.

Charlie

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
so you have to arrive in a shirt and tie?
no...you usually arrive in a train... :blink:

seriously though...shirt and tie and smart trousers...

it is a MUST to arrive wearing these, like it says on the Breifing papers i think : )

mercurydrake

Reaction score
yeah, we all arrived in a suit, shirt and tie. your briefing list tells you to come wearing your suit.
it is a must!!

Nacnud

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
If you can't get a suit and tie with dark trousers, either borrow from a friend or find the most smart looking clothes you can get your hands on from your wardrobe.