The ever shrinking combat trouser

Discussion in 'Jollies Bar' started by DeathBySexy, Sep 26, 2018.

1. DeathBySexy

DeathBySexy New Member

App Stage:
    TMU
    Do others find the newer MTP pattern trouser near castrating oneself when sitting down? Are there additional sizes to the standard, for those of extra pelvic proportions? The older DPM 95 pattern were wonderfully roomy in the crotch, whilst still retaining the all important shape of the buttocks! Roomier in the leg and far more airflow in general. The fabric may have been made from a material bordering on one micron thick, but they were exceedingly comfortable. The ability to adjust the waistband one thought would be retained. Alas!

Is there a solution to this terrible conundrum!

• Like Like x 1
  2. posh_punter

posh_punter Royal Marines Commando

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    I'm in constant agony mate, especially when trying to do rope climbs in them. Pretty sure I lost the ability to have children long ago, as a result. They seem to be designed for a skinny catwalk model with no thighs.

During the winter when they were constantly wet, I'd split a pair from crotch to *text deleted* pretty much every exercise - generally as soon as we arrived, so I'd be walking around like that for the rest of the exercise. I like to think it's because I'm well endowed and have monster thighs, but I think it's more likely to be poor quality engineering.

• Like Like x 2
    • Gen Dit Gen Dit x 1
  3. Illustrious

Illustrious Royal Marines Commando - Moderator

I agree! My trousers always seem to ride up high. On a recent 10m highboard entry, they'd pushed my gentleman parts up and unfortunately they took the brunt of the impact. Had I not been underwater, I imagine every dog within a 5km radius would have heard my squeal.

• Hoofin Hoofin x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. glos94

glos94 Well-Known Member

They do have one good feature, whenever I take a knee and they get too tight, the exploding groin panel rips to relieve the pressure instantly!

• Hoofin Hoofin x 1
  5. ThreadpigeonsAlpha

ThreadpigeonsAlpha Royal Marines Commando

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    I am so happy this thread appeared! I thought I was going mad!

I always had to buy a size bigger, end up looking ridiculous in the leg but I don’t care what I look like, as long as it’s comfy.

PCS on a whole is a complete dogs abortion of a uniform and has so many problems. I miss the old DPM, was comfier, the ppckets were better, especially the leg ones.

And those god awful arm pockets, I have never used them for anything and resort to cutting them off, which I end up getting questioned about.

Bring back the old DPM cut clothes in MTP.

• Like Like x 1
  6. dodgyknees

dodgyknees Member

App Stage:
    Parent
    It’s the trouser length that kills me. Although I am not a giant even the longest trousers ride half way up my leg when I sit down.

The Army are issued MTP shirts in the old DPM style. Until my lad started at CTC I didn’t realise that it was not an RM thing. Not sure why not as they are much more comfortable and look much smarter especially when the sleeves are rolled up.

• Like Like x 1
  7. ThreadpigeonsAlpha

ThreadpigeonsAlpha Royal Marines Commando

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Yea that’s the old DPM cut clothing. It’s far superior, but obviously some officers somewhere bought shares in PCS, so we adopted that crap.

• Like Like x 2
  8. DeathBySexy

DeathBySexy New Member

App Stage:
    TMU
    What is the situation concerning non-issue clothing after RT? Ebay has a lot of s95 cut trousers in MTP.