'The Fallen' Tonight BBC2 9:05-00:15

Callum

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
'Documentary remembering the men and women killed while serving with the British Armed Forces in the current conflicts in Iraq and Afghanistan. The programme examines the past seven years of war by exploring the stories of specific casualties and revealing the impact their deaths have had on those left behind. Among the intimate testimonies from bereaved relatives is the girl who sings a special song she has written to her father, the grandparents who watch a video diary recorded in Iraq, and the mother who has kept hold of her son's favourite `pulling' shirt'

Apologies if this thread has already been made.

C

cujo

awesome, i'll be watching that, not to sound like the nerd who hasn't got anything else to do on a saturday night :embarrest:

proudtobebritish

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
awesome, i'll be watching that, not to sound like the nerd who hasn't got anything else to do on a saturday night :embarrest:

haha

Im the same, but I am in becuase i feel like *text deleted**text deleted*.
Yet i was still at the gym today and i can feel it rebound back at me. Ah well.

Il be watching!

Chicogiz

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Hope its good, as its taking up 11% on my sky plus box as im recording it.

dj1uk3

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Fcuking hell is anyone watching this now? Jesus, this is really getting to me.

jim87spencer

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
This is horrible to watch, but we should never ignore people that give up their lives for this country.

RIP.

jim87spencer

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Ooop, there we go, little girl playing the pink guitar singing about her daddy is the closest to tears i've been in a while.

Callum

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Tears have been rolling down my cheek for the last half an hour, amazing...

dj1uk3

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Lads, im crying my eyes out. I have'nt cried in years

Sam1

Royal Marines Commando - Moderator
Reaction score
Anybody know if its on bbc iplayer or anything else because *text deleted* only caught the last 10 minutes and looks like an amazing programme.

Callum

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
it'll probably be uploaded to Liveleak by monday

Incredible... Some people just don't have a *text deleted**text deleted*ing clue

jasejase

Reaction score
*text deleted* me, the bit with the helmet cam and the lads mum cryin, tryin to talk in the background really got to me

Callum

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Nice to see they included the 2 Marines killed the other day at the end...

Compelling, really really was. The main thing that will stick with me is the guy at the end saying '...It's not as if we're fighting for England' in other words 'Our soldiers are dying for a *text deleted**text deleted* country'

Hats off to the families, friends and those fallen

dj1uk3

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
When that girl said that she wished she had told her brother that she loved him, I just could'nt hold it back. In a way, it makes me want to become a Royal Marine even more. I can't explain why, but I just do. My mum saw the last 10 minutes and she was crying over that. When that man was engraving the names on the wall, it really made you think. I'm so bloody proud of the men and woman, their families and friends in that documentary.

Also, when that man (I think it was his dad) was reading out the letter his son wrote incase he died...... pffffffff, amazing.

jim87spencer

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
it makes me want to become a Royal Marine even more. I can't explain why, but I just do.

i hear that, it makes me want to get my arse out there, do my part instead of sitting on my backside and fire some bullets back at the *text deleted**text deleted*s that are killing my fellow countrymen.

matty630

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Great documentary, wish i hadn't watched it, had me chocked all the way through.

TM

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
It's "Coming Soon" under iPlayer. I managed to watch the 1st 20mins but my housemates were talking over it, so I want to watch it at a time when it can have the full attention that it deserves.

proudtobebritish

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
I shedded a tear or two. It was so upsetting what the families have to go through :worried: