The future of armour?

S

Sotiris

I saw an article about this in a magazine about 3 years ago. Now it seems he's upgraded it.

YouTube - The New Trojan fully ballistic suit of armour Part 1 of 4

You think about the vests they're wearing out there today. Only covers your chest and your back. It doesn't even stop a 7x62...which is what is being used against coalition troops.

I'm not saying that this is the armor of today, but the idea of full body protection, flexibility, built in temperature control, infra-red, gps, comms and so on is just around the corner.

This guy may be a little crazy but certainly very innovative.

Stacka

Army Commando
Reaction score
I saw an article about this in a magazine about 3 years ago. Now it seems he's upgraded it.

YouTube - The New Trojan fully ballistic suit of armour Part 1 of 4

You think about the vests they're wearing out there today. Only covers your chest and your back. It doesn't even stop a 7x62...which is what is being used against coalition troops.

I'm not saying that this is the armor of today, but the idea of full body protection, flexibility, built in temperature control, infra-red, gps, comms and so on is just around the corner.

This guy may be a little crazy but certainly very innovative.

The guy is a proper is a bloody fruit cake!!

Stacka

Army Commando
Reaction score
No where does it show a actual hit.....proper hit.

This guy is a fraud.

Nothing like dragon skin

S

Sotiris

There are loads of other videos that show the impact results. Also go to his site http://www.inventortroy.com/.

His whole point about dragon skin is that it only covers the chest. And costs eleven thousand dollars. His whole body armour costs 2 grand.

And most importantly, hydrolic shock. Even though dragon skin stops the bullet the blunt force trauma will still kill you. You're talking about tonns of pressure hitting you. Whether it penetrates the vest or not is irrelevent. You're still going to die. Watch the clip, it explains it quite clearly.

His vest stops that with ballistic foam.

Haha this is the guy that in the 80's made a bear proof vest and tested it on a grizzly!!

S

Sotiris

Well then...what's the difference? They both do the same job, except one is lighter and cheaper.

Stacka

Army Commando
Reaction score
Well then...what's the difference? They both do the same job, except one is lighter and cheaper.

Ok in your heart of hearts would you want to be in combat with the Halo suit thingy, or a Dragon Skin body armour.

S

Sotiris

Hehe, you miss the point though. I'm talking about the future. This crazy mo fo has the right idea. Full body protection incorporating comms, cooling, GPS, infra-red etc.

To answer your question. Neither at the moment. Neither of them (to my knowlege) have been battle tested properly.

Stacka

Army Commando
Reaction score
CIA are now using Dragon Skin in Afghanistan, the three major Private Secuity firms have dragon skin under contract.

Man i sound like a sales rep. But *text deleted* met the team at Pinicle (well 2 of them) and i trust them

S

Sotiris

I didn't start this thread to compare the armour. Even then, there is as much video evidence to support the Trojan as there is for Dragon Skin.

The Trojan deals with the entire body. Rather then todays vests which cover about 12% of our bodies. All I'm suggesting is that more research and funding should be pumped into developing this guys ideas.

I genuinely don't think he's trying to cheat anyone. He's got a great idea

S

Sotiris

In addition, with or without this guy, that's the way armour will go eventually.

AdmiralAwesome

Reaction score
I think when that sort of body armour becomes truly practical, you're going to struggle to think of a reason why a human has to be in it all...

C

critchmufc

so does this mean that the body armour they give to cooelition troops is that sh*tty light armour, that stops knives and 9mm rounds?

C

critchmufc

just watched part one of that video man is a complete tosser, no matter how much he explains it, no one will beleive it unless its done physically, and hes talking about morons and idiots.

S

Sotiris

He has to get someone who's willing to shoot at him. It's not so simply as just pulling the trigger. There's a lot of legislation involved.

Don't underestimate him. He personally tested his bear suits on a grizzly. He's been somewhat of a legend for the last 20 years or so.

He's not spending all his time developing these suits to annoy people. I think he genuinely believes that he's producing something that will help the troops.

a flying dodo

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I think the armor is amazing, however all those gadgets are simply unreasonable, it all looks far too expensive.