The Great Falklands Gamble

RMC WATKINS

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
For anyone that is interested their is a programme on channel 5 about the Falklands.
Watch it, it is interesting and explains what happened in detail and how it could have been disasterous.

OneMoreWrap

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
It's largely based on 'what ifs'.
What if the Argentinian concentrated on the sea landings.
What if the Argentinian intel was better.

Well, it wasn't and we won.

R.I.P to the men that sadly didn't return.

RMC WATKINS

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
It's largely based on 'what ifs'.
What if the Argentinian concentrated on the sea landings.
What if the Argentinian intel was better.

Well, it wasn't and we won.

R.I.P to the men that sadly didn't return.
Yeah, that guy said at the end if they were to invade now that we would lose but, I've looked and the Argentinian military is quite small and unequipt, would we hell lose.

OneMoreWrap

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Yea, when he said that I just thought 'why would you say that??'!!
Don't go giving them any ideas!

Hah, don't think they're brave enough to try again.

RMC WATKINS

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Yea, when he said that I just thought 'why would you say that??'!!
Don't go giving them any ideas!

Hah, don't think they're brave enough to try again.
Not a question of how brave, it's a question of how stupid! Ha
Their military is weak!

ross90rmc

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
We're better prepared to prevent an invasion now though. As opposed to last time where it was a small "security" force with very little ammunition, then having to re-take the islands.

However obviously if the entire Argentinian army rocks up again we'll be up the-obvious creek.

Rocky5748

Reaction score
We're better prepared to prevent an invasion now though. As opposed to last time where it was a small "security" force with very little ammunition, then having to re-take the islands.

However obviously if the entire Argentinian army rocks up again we'll be up the-obvious creek.

If the entire Argentinian army appeared on the islands we would certainly be up the creek, but at the moment I think they have a very limited amphibious capability so would struggle to get any great numbers of troops ashore.

With regards the programme. I enjoyed the point with the marine describing preparing to attack up the mountain and getting more nervous with each step. Goose bumps stuff.

As lads have said before however, the seemed be too many " what if moments" but overall, i'm glad I watched it.

RMC WATKINS

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
If the entire Argentinian army appeared on the islands we would certainly be up the creek, but at the moment I think they have a very limited amphibious capability so would struggle to get any great numbers of troops ashore.

With regards the programme. I enjoyed the point with the marine describing preparing to attack up the mountain and getting more nervous with each step. Goose bumps stuff.

As lads have said before however, the seemed be too many " what if moments" but overall, i'm glad I watched it.
Argentina's military is has been drastically cut and I think they are having more, just like Britain I suppose, but our military still has the edge through tech, weapons, numbers and training.