The importance of Cardio

Kentish

Reaction score
Love that scene, probably the most moving part of the movie.

Great acting, the way they plant their feet, to say they're hanging is an understatement.

Is this a bit of Hollywood drama or did they run back in the actual event?

Barry McGuigan

Royal Marines Commando - Moderator
Reaction score
A top notch movie! Dust never settles on that dvd case, always watching it. Quite long though

Deffinetely shows the importance of CV endurance and determination too.

Baron

Reaction score
I love that film. Cracking scene mate!

I've just watched Bravo Two Zero for the first time. I was a bit gutted it was pretty much all about McNab, I was hoping to see more of Chris Ryan and his 300km Escape and Evasion!

pbaker1

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Love that scene, probably the most moving part of the movie.

Great acting, the way they plant their feet, to say they're hanging is an understatement.

Your right, to say they are hanging is a massive understatement! When buddy pukes while he is running you sit there and think man, imagine being that tired! I mean we as PRM's train hard but running whith all that and shooting and getting shot at....wow.

Dont know if this happened in real life though running back to camp or whether it was Hollywood added or not? If it is real, my my, I couldnt imagine!

Ross154

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Think it actually happened. The American commanders believed they had everyone accounted for and in the vehicles on the drive back to base, so when they saw a patrol running towards them they assumed it was enemy. So they drove off and left them. Turns out it was a genuine US patrol and they had to run 3 miles through the town again to get back to base.

Gunner

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score

Jakeamos

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure they did, and the Yank PJ's (Pararescue jumpers, bad ass *text deleted**text deleted**) have to do a run called the Mogadishu mile, over and over again carrying a weighted stretcher as part of their selection.

Impreza

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Being sick and continuing to run is one of the most painful feelings ever.

It happened to me long ago during a training session, it was almost as if the body couldn't get the vomit out aswell as keep focus on my pace. My stomach felt as though it was on fire.

Back onto topic, amazing film. One of my favourite

Tomdoubleu

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Imagine randomly throwing up on your 3 miler return and feeling like siht. Knowing 5 more mins of pain or 6-12 month waiting to re-do. I know what I'd choose. :D

Ross154

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Imagine randomly throwing up on your 3 miler return and feeling like siht. Knowing 5 more mins of pain or 6-12 month waiting to re-do. I know what I'd choose. :D
If you threw up on the 3 miler, the very first test of PRMC, then it wouldn't be another 5 minutes of pain. It'd be another 2 and a half days of it :uglyhammer:

Edit: Sorry, did you mean the PJFT? :wondering:

pbaker1

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Nearly did this today training for the 3 miler.....ugh, had a bad day. Oh well, tomorrow is another day!

goldenboyz

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I love that film. Cracking scene mate!

I've just watched Bravo Two Zero for the first time. I was a bit gutted it was pretty much all about McNab, I was hoping to see more of Chris Ryan and his 300km Escape and Evasion!
Thats because Bravo Two Zero is about Andy McNabs journey throughout the gulf war. He wrote about his experiance afterwards and it was later turned into a film. Chris Ryan did the same. Dont forget they were all split up so would be a bit hard for Andy to write about Chris's escape *text deleted**

rushtang

Reaction score
I hate to say it but they didn't run back, they got a ride back. saw it on the extras of the dvd.