The Joining Process.

proudtobebritish

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
hi everyone :smile:

i was wondering in what i shud do. I went to my AFCO about 1 month ago and he gave me the application form, i have filled it in but im waiting on my exam results in August so sending it away roughly on the 8th of August. Im still doing another year of school to get my A-Levels but planning to do my PRMC in january/february time and hopefully have my RT in june/july 09.
I was just wondering when is the best time to send in my application as i still have 5-6 months after I send it away due to the PRMC which i want done as soon as possible to then have a few months to train for the RT.

please help me out lads.

Danny.

proudtobebritish

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Alrite mate...
Im doing the EXACT same thing as ya..PRMC for JAN and RT for july 09
tho ive already started application... the thing is I have to re-do everything apart from psychometrics, so its upto you really if you want to get started now and have to re take stuff (but at the same time get the feel of your AFCO and be more prepared) or if you want to wait. If you wanted to wait Id say start the app in january

My AFCO advisor sed i can send it in wenever but its up to me wen i want everything started but i want it all dun now *text deleted* but incase sumthing goes wrong im getting more qualifications to bak me up on. I was just wundrin what evryone else was doin *text deleted* i havent a clue *text deleted*.

rusty92

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Yup Im doing the excact same as both of you guys too!.. Waiting for my GCSE Results and to finish exams then ill be sending it off, Cause like you said having some Grades down on the application is a good to back you up!. They dont ask for GCSE Grades for nothing do they! *text deleted*..

So Yeah im going to wait and most probs do my PRMC in September or something.. And get myself looking like a sh*t brick house! :rock::rock:

Matt B

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Wow

wow, your mile runs are quicker if you do three of them in a row!

proudtobebritish

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
wow, your mile runs are quicker if you do three of them in a row!

yeah i dont know why *text deleted*, when i do the 3 mile i tend to sprint the last half mile and shave a few seconds off but when i do the mile i just go at the same pace the whole way.

Matt B

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score

Your quote with RMC on the end, what does RMC mean? I know the quote well, I studied Pulp Fiction in College for Film and Video Art and Design, its from the bible, I forget which version *text deleted* they all read Ezekiel 25:17 slightly different, but the version he quotes is
"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee."

The version I have in my bible is a lot less harsh and watered down.
Just wandered what RMC was about at the end?

proudtobebritish

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Your quote with RMC on the end, what does RMC mean? I know the quote well, I studied Pulp Fiction in College for Film and Video Art and Design, its from the bible, I forget which version *text deleted* they all read Ezekiel 25:17 slightly different, but the version he quotes is
"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee."

The version I have in my bible is a lot less harsh and watered down.
Just wandered what RMC was about at the end?

ok what has that got to do with the joining process but ok. RMC stands for Royal Marines Commando!

and ye you studied that, I didnt big woop!

Matt B

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Good point

Yes that right I did study that, but didn't get very good marks *text deleted* I didnt spend much time in college studying, I spent it at your mums.

(come on take it like a man and give it back just as good! :smile:)

rusty92

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Yes that right I did study that, but didn't get very good marks *text deleted* I didnt spend much time in college studying, I spent it at your mums.

*text deleted*.. Best reply to that would be, Mate i dont have a mum, The burning sensation in the other persons face is just priceless!, Then you start pissing your self with laughter!. Sounds very harsh but is very funny, Did it to a lad at school once and im a pretty good actor and he was like oh im really sorry mate and started putting his arm on my shoulder.. LOOL!

Sam

Matt B

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
*text deleted*

Thats brilliant!

When someone says something like that about my mum I just say "Yea she told me about you 2, but said not to worry, my c0ck's bigger and I give better head!"

Again, they dont really know what to say!

proudtobebritish

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score

yeah mate i must have been out. oh well hope you had fun *text deleted* if you go and ask your mum tell her she *text deleted**text deleted*in owes me that money since i showed her such a good time and tell her im free on monday ;)

she was goooooooooooooood :thefinger:

Matt B

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Yea I know she was, I was watchin from inside the cupboard with my c*text deleted*k in one hand and a finger up my ar*e!

FletchPRMC

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
*text deleted* on a serious not, are those times your PB's for the runs? As if they are I dont think you are measuring the distances correctly.

proudtobebritish

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
*text deleted* on a serious not, are those times your PB's for the runs? As if they are I dont think you are measuring the distances correctly.

people have sed that but when i do a mile i just run at the same pace the whole way and when i run 3 miles a tend to sprint the last half mile. thats why.