The lighter the better for VPFJT+?

endurance

Reaction score
I was expecting to complete an PRMC/POC April/may this year, but due to the change of the application an imminent VPFJT+ has caught me slightly by surprise.
I passed a PRMC 4 years ago when I was a measly 67kg at 6”2 since then I’ve gained approx 20kg of good weight I’m ‘stronger’ and my running is good , but the last two weeks of training for the VPFJT+ has highlighted my core might be a little bit crap for my size. I’m fine on the press ups and sit ups but on the 4th set my burpees get a bit floppy and on each set I’m struggling to get over 40 seconds on the plank. Anyone experience a significant improvement from cutting a bit of weight? I’ve worked really hard to gain weight, will be slightly disappointed to have to cut it down.

Reaction score
I personally don't think its necessary to drop weight to pass the VPJFT+ but would likely be beneficial, and losing size is inevitable in preparation for and during RT i would have thought due to the volume of cardio, so you might as well in my opinion

TheRents

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
My lad is just over 6'2" and started YO training at 93kg.

Weight fluctuation during training is almost inevitable, he ended up at about 87-88kg which he reckoned was about his 'fighting' weight.

When out on exercise you are in calorie deficit every day and will loose weight, hence vast consumption of Dominoes, Chinese or whatever you can get your hands on on return to CTC!

He seemed to think that the racing snakes had the advantage on the aerobic stuff - Bottom Field, Tarzan etc but the bigger guys seemed to fair better on the endurance - Yomps and longer exercises, but there are always exceptions.

Anyway best of luck

Grimey Arches

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
I'm no fitness expert first of all, being a certain weight shouldn't matter but what will hinder you if you're are carrying extra fat/muscle. You stated how much you weight but how much is that of fat, and if you've gained lean muscle mass by lifting weights that will most likely go against you while trying to complete the VPJFT.

New Threads