The Mental Game

Discussion in 'Training Methods and Diet Suggestions' started by RMCSF, Sep 10, 2017.

1. RMCSF

RMCSF New Member

App Stage:
    TMU
    After getting a PB on my pjft return run practice on the treadmill 3 weeks back I did 4 more practices in which I failed to get past 2000m and gave in, after which I felt disappointed and annoyed with myself, today knowing my pjft is up and coming I completed the practice under10 minutes as I refused to give in even though I looked at the distance at 1mile and was really feeling it, just goes to show if you focus and crack on the mind always wins.

Anyone struggling to complete the bft on the treadmill in the specific time, it is a mental game once past the 1600m mark just crack on!

• Like Like x 3
  2. Taffinator

Taffinator New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    The PJFT is all mental games, I failed most of my mock attempts but when it came do it doing it properly yesterday I passed it, just need to push through it. Best of luck to you on your pjft

• Like Like x 1
  3. borneboy

borneboy Member

App Stage:
    Passed Medical
    my pjft is monday and I am yet to pass it

• Like Like x 1
  4. stumpylegs

stumpylegs Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    I 100% agree with the mental game on the treadmill. I've got 3 weeks before my prmc to get my BFT from 9:11 to under 9

• Like Like x 2
  5. RMCSF

RMCSF New Member

App Stage:
    TMU
    Cheers I should be okay when I manage to get my head straight I can smash it in 9:30 just waiting for my TMU to get passed then I'm *text deleted* be booking it for as soon as possible!

6. RMCSF

RMCSF New Member

App Stage:
    TMU
    You'll smash it mate 11 seconds will come off from adrenaline alone hopefully

7. RMCSF

RMCSF New Member

App Stage:
    TMU
    Stay focused and you'll smash it mate finish the run or pass out, think about the distance left after 1.6k 2 laps of a running track isn't too hard good luck!

8. borneboy

borneboy Member

App Stage:
    Passed Medical
    Appreciate that sir