Dismiss Notice
'Users of this forum are reminded they should not discuss performance of individual attendees at PRMC or in Recruit Training for PERsonal SECurity and in observance of Diversity & Inclusion legislation'.

The pass out

Discussion in 'Pass Out' started by Bella88, Feb 15, 2016.

1. Bella88

Bella88 Member

We had such a lovely day! We travelled down the night before and stayed in the Devoncourt hotel in exmouth I wanted to have the kids settled. There had been talk of the troop being aloud out for dinner with there families but unfortunately this didn't happen.
    We got to have camp about half 8 Friday morning and got our visitors passes and were marched (literally) into the camp. Then we when to the function room for teas and coffee. They give you an information pack with loads of useful bits in.
    Then you get taken into the hall where a few members of the training team talk about the different parts of training and what the lads have been upto. They also tell you a bit about the training teams careers and you watch a video about training. They were really great and told us some jokes and facts for example who the youngest/ oldest guest were and who had travelled from where. They also read out all the family members who are or had served in the forces.
    The curtains close and then they reopen with all the lads standing in 2 lines. They all looked so smart and the room was full of proud families.
    They take it in turns to call them up to get there green lids and read a funny one liner out about each lad. They said my mr was leaving with his bus pass! (He's 28 and considered old!). Then they get the ones who have got an award back up to get these. My fella got a framed certificate for being a diamond and an amazing dagger in a presentation box with his name and service number inside for being awarded the Kings badge.
    The boys then when to get changed while we watched a film full of video and pictures of them during training. This was really great to see what they had been doing. (They give you a copy to take home).
    We then got taken to the drill shed and all sat down. Then the decided we could go outside so up we all got and made our way to the parade square. It was freezing so they gave out blankets to everyone which was definitely needed. There was a bit of waiting around then the band came on to the square followed by the troop. They looked so smart and it was definitely a proud moment. The lads then got inspected while we watched the band.
    The drill was so good they did such a good job and it was great to watch! My fella got presented with the original Kings badge and had it put on his arm. (Which was quickly taken back off him as soon as he got of the parade square). He will get a set of his own this week.

They marched off the square and up to the gate out of it and back down. We all lined the road along with loads of recruits and others. It was great seeing them march back into the camp behind the band and everyone cheered and clapped.
    After this we all went back to the function room for some lunch and waited for the lads.
    There were some free photos of them getting there lids and awards given out I think we got 6 in total and we picked up his professional photos and troop photo.
    They was a lot of clapping and cheering when the lads came into the room. Everyone had a drink and the training team when around speaking to all the families. It was lovely for me to hear such nice things about my fella! Also quite a few shoots of port was going on. We got invited upto the officers mess for another drink and the training team let my little boys try on some of there medals and hats etc. My boys loved this!
    After we were done we had to go and get all of his stuff. Which is a lot! They all had their stuff in one room and there was a lot of family members trying to fit all sorts of stuff in there cars!! Our car was completely full!
    The Mr slept all the way home and we then had a few drinks with friends that evening. It was such a great day and a day 9 months ago I could never see coming. He's done it! And I couldn't be prouder! He's back to lympstone for 2 weeks then off to do driving training before going to his unit. And I'm looking forward to see lots more of him. The last 9 months haven't been easy but it's worth it! X

• Like Like x 21
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Hoofin Hoofin x 1
  2. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Admin

Excellent news!

Our first pass out diary from the partner of a Kingsbadgeman - huge congratulations from us all, a brilliant achievement.

• Like Like x 4
  3. Bella88

Bella88 Member

Thank you

• Like Like x 1
  4. Fibonarchie

Fibonarchie Well-Known Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Yeah , sounds excellent. My greatest congratulations to both of you. I can imagine those 9 months were hard-perhaps for you even more than him-but it all payed off and now he's a kingsbadgeman!

5. Chelonian

Chelonian Moderator

Thanks for taking the time to write up a summary and congratulations to you and your family. Family support is a major factor.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Partner2014

Partner2014 New Member

@Bella88 Such a lovely account of the day! Congratulations to your man. I am hoping my boyf will pass out in April, its been a tough 8 months! Please can I ask you a question... what did you wear? I have no idea!

• Like Like x 1
  7. indigo7

indigo7 Active Member

App Stage:
    Partner
    I wore a smartish dress (from New Look) and long boots and a nice coat (it was October). Either something like that or smart trousers a top? I'd leave the heels as there's a lot of standing and walking about. My main drama was if my partner was wearing blues or lovats (we went back to watch the troop he'd trained pass as he was drafted elsewhere a month or so before passout) and so what colour dress to wear!

8. Bella88

Bella88 Member

I wore a black dress with black tights and a navy coat (so I would match his blues for photos) I wore knee high boots with a small heel x

9. Cornwall93

Cornwall93 Member

Hi @Partner2014 which troop is your partner in? My partner is also due to pass out in April.

10. Bella88

Bella88 Member

Sorry I've only just read this. I worn a black dress, black tights, boots with a small heel and a navy blue coat so I would match his blues for photos! There's quite a bit of walking and it's cold on the parade square so take something warm. X

• Like Like x 1
  11. Bella88

Bella88 Member

12. Old Man

Old Man Ex-Matelot

Though somewhat late to the party, I'd like to add my hearty congrats to you, yours and all who achieved their special-hattedness and their supporters.

• Like Like x 1