The people who think 9/11 was an 'inside job'

Omega

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
No idea on what happened that day with planes and steel. Don't link the two as two separate issues, important but not linked to the real question.

Ask yourself, why would the world's biggest terrorist deny he was behind it? Terrorists usually do things for publicity, that's how they terrorise, that's the point of these events.

Just why did Bin Laden always deny it?

Wessex

Reaction score
Jet fuel doesn't melt steel beams :confused:
No, but burning jet fuel weakens them significantly enough so that they can no longer provide support. Coupled with everything else in the building that was burning you get some enormous heat.

SWCL14

Reaction score
No, but burning jet fuel weakens them significantly enough so that they can no longer provide support. Coupled with everything else in the building that was burning you get some enormous heat.
I was just writing a post explaining this. I agree with you.

A common conspiracy theory states that explosive charges caused the collapse because the fuel wouldn't get hot enough. Experts have disputed these claims with your points above.

Chelonian

Reaction score
My popcorn bag has been poised since 1407 (not AD). :)
I do enjoy a conspiracy theory so I'll open up the field a bit:

The loons (sorry, free-thinking sceptics) who deny the Apollo moon landings.
Just how did the USA-Illuminati-NASA triad persuade 300,000-plus NASA employees, sub-contractors and the former USSR to stick to the script for almost fifty years?

SWCL14

Reaction score
I do enjoy a conspiracy theory so I'll open up the field a bit:

The loons (sorry, free-thinking sceptics) who deny the Apollo moon landings.
Just how did the USA-Illuminati-NASA triad persuade 300,000-plus NASA employees, sub-contractors and the former USSR to stick to the script for almost fifty years?
The illuminati control the world. Making Russia stick to the script is childs play for the all powerful shadow men ;).

If you really *text deleted* go down a rabbit hole delve into flat earth theory. The mental gymnastics some people do to support their 'theory' is hilarious and upsetting to watch -banghead--banghead-.

Wessex

Reaction score
I do enjoy a conspiracy theory so I'll open up the field a bit

Ok, I’ll give you some more popcorn fodder from my own experience. Not necessarily a conspiracy theory but more a case of ‘more being known than was let on’.

London bombings 2005, I was living in London at the time. If you remember, they happened the morning after London won the bid for the 2012 Olympics. I knew someone involved in the bid so went out drinking with her the night before and so woke up the morning of the bombings feeling just a tad rotten and hungover. Hubbie graciously took the kids to school and I had a groggy lie in as I work flex time so don’t have to be in till 10. At that time I’d have to leave my house about 8:45 at the latest to make it in for 10.

So in the days before everyone used mobile phones for alarm clocks I had a clock radio for an alarm which would have woken me around 7:30 or so. I remember lying there in a groggy fuzz, half listening to the radio and the usual travel and transport reports that would be every 5 minutes. I snapped out of my hungover fuzz a little bit because the travel reports were very unusual. It’s normal for stuff not to work on the London Underground in the mornings, there’s often one or at most two lines suspended for some reason, maybe a station or two briefly closed. But this particular morning there were multiple lines closed, maybe 4 or 5 lines as far as I remember and multiple stations closed including Bank - and this was BEFORE the bombs went off (bombs went off at 08:49). This really made me *text deleted* up my ears and semi snap out of my fog as it was so very unusual.

In fact the bombers themselves were caught up in it. If you remember one bomb went off on a bus because that guy was supposed to do the Northern line but couldn’t because it wasn’t running. The Piccadilly line one was supposed to happen much further down the line but happened only a short distance from Kings X because the Piccadilly line had also been suspended and the bomber managed to get on the first train after it reopened and had run out of time to set it off where he was supposed to

I mentioned that Bank was shut. I found out from a City of London police officer at a later time that Bank station is very sensitive both because of its location and who uses it (Bank of England and other banks) and coupled with the fact that it’s a very deep level station on the Northern line so is difficult to send help to if there’s a problem.

I reckon there was intelligence beforehand that something was up that morning. But not specific enough to know where or what so they shut down a bunch of lines and ‘target’ stations such as Bank in an effort to prevent something happening. They couldn’t stay shut all day so eventually started to reopen them around 08:45.

Anecdotally, police officers I know think something was known beforehand and a friend of a friend who was somebody is one of the MIs/MOD/something like that was apparently summoned in to the office in the wee hours of the night before. Of course those are just anecdotes and really easy to come out with that stuff after the fact.

The multiple suspended lines did happen though for a fact and that’s highly highly unusual. I also found it really weird that the multiple closed lines were never mentioned in any media reports afterwards. They reported that the bombings didn’t happen as planned due to suspended lines but they never asked WHY they were suspended.

Hope that got you through a few handfuls of popcorn!

Williamosaurus

Reaction score
I done Civil Engineering and I'll just say that if the heat was sufficient to significantly weaken steel but not melt it. Then the building would have collapsed in stages with various chunks coming down at a time. Not in complete freefall speed along with all the evidence of all the various investigations into financial institutions. Larry Silverstein made $4.6 billion and there's countless other rich white collar businesses and individuals who made a lot of money that day.
It's fairly obvious things don't add up.

SWCL14

Reaction score
I done Civil Engineering and I'll just say that if the heat was sufficient to significantly weaken steel but not melt it. Then the building would have collapsed in stages with various chunks coming down at a time. Not in complete freefall speed along with all the evidence of all the various investigations into financial institutions. Larry Silverstein made $4.6 billion and there's countless other rich white collar businesses and individuals who made a lot of money that day.
It's fairly obvious things don't add up.
There's a lot of evidence to support and refute both sides. I think people will always wonder about it.

On another note, the Madeleine Maccann theories are worth looking into if you like delving into conspiracy theories. Some really interesting stuff.

Omega

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Some really interesting stuff.

Or try the history of the USA. The theory that they rebelled against a British tea tax at Boston doesn't stand up to scrutiny. The reality was the British lowered the tax on tea to help locals afford tea. This, unfortunately, was to put a lot of tea smugglers out of business. They caused riots and ruined the tea on British ships so their product was the only one to buy.

Those smugglers went on to sign the constitution of the USA as founding fathers, John Hancock etc. A country started on a conspiracy theory.

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
Those smugglers went on to sign the constitution of the USA as founding fathers, John Hancock etc. A country started on a conspiracy theory.
Or so the theory goes.

The London bombing underground closures before the attack may well have been intelligence led, I imagine.

Trouble is though, London commutors are fairly resourceful and adept at getting from A to B, via X,Y,Z because of frequent stoppages. It would be a dangerous game of chess diverting the flow, creating bottlenecks where suicide bombers, swept along in it all, could increase their lethal potential. Easier to just close the entire underground network if you knew there was a threat to it...unless you knew the intended target stations.

In most terrorist incidents, the wrong-doers are invariably known to the security services, usually because they are barking mad and make themselves a person of interest.

With regard 9/11, my thoughts are that when a couple of fuel-laden aircraft hit a couple of structures doing maybe 500 mph at 90 degrees to their designed vertical load bearing capacity, the building is probably going to topple sooner or later due to that good old engineering principle called shear... and a bloody big hole which is no longer helping to support the load of the structure above the void.

When one considers Concorde's sonic boom could take out windows on tower blocks, the shockwaves and vacuums created on 9/11 may even be enough to topple adjacent structures like dominos (the game, not the pizzas). I really don't know.

My theory about conspiracy theorists is they're manipulated by foreign influencers, trying to destabilise democracy by creating civil unrest amongst the gullible or vulnerable masses. :)

More popcorn, anyone?

download.jpeg