The quickest the recruitment process could be completed

bkp130

Reaction score
Although i have already got a few responses to this i was wondering everyone elses opinions

as i am living overseas it would be hard for me to make it over there to do all my recruitment stuff.

would it be able to be completed within 2 weeks except for prmc?

if not what is the shortest amount of time that i could do it in? as i wouldnt be able to go over there for long

alan wilson

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
i doubt in would take that long....it will take about 3 months at the quickest

Gaz

Reaction score
Don't know if it would be the same, but that lad from St. Vincent from "Commando on the front line" TV series did a PRMC on a friday and started RT the following week.

There may be special circumstances for overseas recruits, as long as you pass all the tests firt time.....??

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
It depends whether the Recruit Training intake immediately after the PRMC has any vacancies. We would not usually keep a spare place "in case" someone passes PRMC from overseas, so overseas applicants are advised to consider there maybe a period of several weeks between passing PRMC & gaining an entry date.

From an AFCO & PRMC perspective you could, if you get everything lined-up well in advance of your visit, be processed fairly quickly, within a couple of weeks, for example. If you roll up unannounced at an AFCO, it will take a lot longer than that.

Security Clearance & Residency Waivers are the main issue- they can take a considerable period of weeks. The guys from St Vincent had a recruiting team from UK process them initially in St Vincent (nice work if you can get it!), so the process was already well underway before they attended prmc several weeks later.