the war in afghan

christomo

Reaction score
in your opinion when do you think this war will end?

M1664

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
well the MOD think 30 years, and they have a better idea than probably all of us because we havent been there. so id say 30 years *text deleted*

dj1uk3

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
well the MOD think 30 years, and they have a better idea than probably all of us because we havent been there. so id say 30 years *text deleted*

:iagree: Don't worry mate it will still be going on when you pass out of RT!!

christomo

Reaction score
maybe so, but i want my chance to prove myself

jm745

Loafing Member
Reaction score
Even if we're not in Afghan,
we'll be somewhere,
so don't worry christomo,
you'll be able to prove yourself.

I'd say about 20 years maybe,
just hopefully it won't be as long as 'The Troubles',
as our kids will be going Afghan.

Richard

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Yea i would agree the Mod will have more experience with this matter. Tho if the enemy could afford army uniforms and stopped hiding with civilians then this war would be over next year...

F.M.J

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
i think the war will last until year 2900

AdamG

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I think the war will end when NATO finally realise that you can't win this war, as the Taliban are fighting for their beliefs which means that they'll show no fear and they'll keep on fighting.

Even if there was 10 taliban and 10 million troops, I think the 10 taliban would rather fight to the death rather than surrender the war.

So that may be the problem to this war... and just wait for the US to transfer their 100'000 troops from Iraq to Afghanistan

spartan

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
maybe so, but i want my chance to prove myself

im just messin with ya, yea i want to be in action but when i hear the order "advance to contact" i will be brickin it obviously

Richard

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Thats the thing that puts me off. Is that the taliban have been shooting a rifle since they were children and most marines have only shot a rifle since they gone in RM training.

spartan

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Thats the thing that puts me off. Is that the taliban have been shooting a rifle since they were children and most marines have only shot a rifle since they gone in RM training.

and they cant shoot for sh1t and royal marines are extremely accurate :rock:

Richard

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Yea true an ak47 is so unaccurate. But these guys have guns in their life, but like you said the Marines are the ones that get the expert training.

dj1uk3

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
they are using AK-47's and we are using SA80's!! Plus we have ARMY, RAF, NAVY, most of the world on our side and some bloody decent lads and lasses all fighting for the cause and doing us proud

spartan

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Yea true an ak47 is so unaccurate. But these guys have guns in their life, but like you said the Marines are the ones that get the expert training.

the only taliban that are accurate and generally better soldiers are the ones from p@kistan as they will have been to training camps.

R. M. Pitt

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
the only taliban that are accurate and generally better soldiers are the ones from p@kistan as they will have been to training camps.

I heard 90% of taliban are from P@kistan.....

dj1uk3

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
most of them are veterans from when the russians invaded

spartan

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
I heard 90% of taliban are from P@kistan.....

they come from all over , some even from britain as i sure most of u have heard about. some of them are angry poppy farmers. some come from anywhere that is a muslim country - for the sole purpose of becoming a martyr. thats why they are a difficult enemy - they want to die!

Raz

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
30 years as mentioned before and dont worry lads, i'm sure well be going to Iran before then:fight: