Dismiss Notice
'Users of this forum are reminded they should not discuss performance of individual attendees at PRMC or in Recruit Training for PERsonal SECurity and in observance of Diversity & Inclusion legislation'.

Them PRMC T shirts..?

Discussion in 'General Royal Marines Joining Chit Chat' started by RossRobObey, Apr 25, 2008.

1. RossRobObey

RossRobObey Member

Potential Royal Marines, tee

Hey all,

Not sure if this is the right section, feel free to move it GW or Ninja.

I have been watching a few of these on eBay recently but missed the end of the auction.

The seller has sold about 10 of these since I've been watching, so there will be more to come.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....=110246017226&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=001#

So far I have seen Medium and Large for sale, but I'm sure a message to the seller would get you a Small one.

Just a heads up, I thought they would be good for training in, as there's no way I'll be seen stopped, out of breath with that plastered on my back!!

Only £3.70 for me, too. :)

Ross.

PS: Mine should arrive shortly, so I will let you all know what they're like in terms of quality etc.

2. Duffy1

Duffy1 New Member

U get them for free on PRMC

3. Woody

Woody New Member

Hmm.. i have no idea why somebody would sell their PRM t-shirt. I know for me, it shows you've passed PRMC and you are on your way to starting training. I wouldn't feel right wearing one unless i earned it.

4. dombeeston

dombeeston New Member

u get 1 even if u fail PRMC

5. RossRobObey

RossRobObey Member

Yup, I knew you got them for free at some point, but I wanted one for training now :)

I don't think the seller is selling their own PRMC shirts, as (s)he has sold about 10 so far, they must have a source somewhere.

Ross.

6. Woody

Woody New Member

Really? But technically if you failed a PRMC you wouldn't really have the potential would you *text deleted*. Ahh i'm probably taking the t-shirt too serious anyway :p

7. Grimesy

Grimesy New Member

so ross it was you that outbid me, i was the only other bidder. missed keeping an eye on it *text deleted* i was stuffing my face with chinese takeaway *text deleted*. i even said out load to my missus some bastard has out bid me.
    at least its going to another likeminded person, i wanted it for exactly the same reason, there was no way i was gona be seen suffering with that on my back.

8. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Admin

Hmmn, it rather looks like the "freebie" promotional teeshirts are being sold rather than given away by some unscrupulous individual.

Unless the seller has had copies printed-up themselves of course, in which case fair game. Then you have to think: Well, if he has bought blank tee-shirts & then had them printed, why is he letting them go for £3.70 unless they are so cheap to buy that they're virtually or completely free in the first place?

The idea behind the tee-shirt is to spur people on to passing selection.

9. sooty795

sooty795 New Member

when i was in Rt our training team wouldn`t allow us to wear RM t-shirts until we`d earnt them, normally around week 15 ish.

some other troops wore the from day 1????? guess it`s down to the troop staff

10. RossRobObey

RossRobObey Member

Sorry about that!! :uglyhammer: There will be more for sale no doubt.

I am not planning on wearing it to any of the PJFT, PRMC or RT. It is simply to give me more encouragement when running and working out.

Also to give the chavs something to think about when I run past, with that on my back :)

11. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Admin

My own view is that the Tee Shirts proclaiming "Potential Royal Marines Commando" are an excellent advertising tool & also give the wearer a bit of pride and motivation.

The wearer isn't claiming to be a Commando yet, so no one is offended. The wearer can also justifiably feel proud that they aspire to be a Commando, so no-one loses.

My only reservation is that they should be given for free to genuine individuals considering making an application, or if bought, the profit should go to the appropriate RM charity.

12. ZZ

ZZ New Member

hmm id want one of them t-shirts. i have other t-shirts that say "royal marines" and "army be the best" with the a and the y crossed out to make RM be the best. but i have always been a bit worried about wearing them in public. when i went to the pub once some guy asked me if i was in the marines, and i honeslty told him no, to prevent embarassment and giving false impression i have earnt it. but as of that i dont wear it out in public. i just wear my Rm be the best because not many people know what rm stands for. but to have the potential rmc would be good. stop giving false impressions *text deleted*

13. Ashley

Ashley New Member

You see people walking down the street in footie shirts, they're not a pro footballer, it just shows support and that's how I'd feel wearing a Royal Marine T-Shirt. The Potential Royal Marine Commando T-Shirts are an awesome idea though, if you could buy them before going to PRMC I would fill my wardrobe and scrap those nice t-shirts I have.

14. Jewell

Jewell New Member

why would you want to wear one tho????

Your not a marine and just shows your a wannabe....

I would wear a Royal t-shirt if i pass out.....

15. RossRobObey

RossRobObey Member

I know I'm not a Marine .. that's the whole point of the damn t-shirt! ???

16. Ashley

Ashley New Member

I'm a wannabe who willbe. I wouldn't personally wear one unless I made a joke and put potential in my own hand writing on it but the fact is I made a point that if you see someone wearing one it's only because they're supporting Royal Marines just like a football shirt.

17. Jewell

Jewell New Member

I'm just saying why let the world know your a wannabe marine....

thats all :)

18. PRMCjamesb

PRMCjamesb New Member

*text deleted* for most people its something there proud of

19. RossRobObey

RossRobObey Member

Sorry didn't mean to sound rude, but yes, I am not going the hide the fact that I want to be a a Marine - Where is the shame in wanting something?

If I saw someone running past with a potential RM tee in, I would have respect for them, just as I would think people will for me.

Also like I said before, it will also give me a huge boost, knowing I am wearing it. There's no way I will be seen doing anything by half wearing the tee.

But above all .. because I wanted it.

20. Ashley

Ashley New Member

Absolutely and I can't wait for mine.. I'll certainly do Phys in it as it will give me the boost to push myself even though people may not be looking.

If the Wrinkly Ninja himself thinks it's a good idea then I think that says something.

I just can't wait!