Things that amaze you/are awesome

Discussion in 'Jollies Bar' started by Wingzero, Oct 24, 2015.

1. Wingzero

Wingzero Active Member

App Stage:
    Parent
    was just thinking, given the two "things that" threads we have, Maybe this could be a third?
    can be anything from military clips, science, close calls, fight scenes from films, a pelican eating a pigeon whole(for really realz, look that up), etc.
    as long as it amazes you/you find it awesome.

2. Wingzero

Wingzero Active Member

App Stage:
    Parent
    so to start it off, *text deleted* share this gem of a fight scene featuring the legend jackie chan, given how soo many of us are into martial arts. really don't make it like they use to guys!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Collieryboy

Collieryboy Member

The All Blacks

4. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Careers Adviser

• Like Like x 6
    • Gen Dit Gen Dit x 3
  5. ThreadpigeonsAlpha

ThreadpigeonsAlpha Royal Marines Commando

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet

I had this explained to me as that if you "look through Royal Marines Corps history, some of the feats made to grant medals were so nails that the bar is held high for RM as its expected for us to go above and beyond, to take hold of your b*llocks and get the job done. And that's what sets us aside from the other services that get medals like they are chocolate."

I agree it's shocking they didn't get any awards though. Not even a mention in dispatches?

• Like Like x 4
  6. ThreadpigeonsAlpha

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    And back to amazing things.

• Like Like x 7
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Gucci Info Gucci Info x 2
  7. Wingzero

Wingzero Active Member

App Stage:
    Parent
    @Ninja_Stoker ah yes I remember reading about this time back! It's a damn shame both in what happened to the marine and that none were awarded but I agree with Alpha, in that its almost Expected of a commando to do something so gung-ho(if i have the saying right)like that, it would take something proper unbelievable to get awarded. Something like one guy going in and demolishing the enemy and getting the comrade out.
    I wonder to this day if the guy died during or after the raid in the enemies hands.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Wingzero

Wingzero Active Member

App Stage:
    Parent
    @ThreadpigeonsAlpha YES!! I remember watching that, thanks for posting it. The music really made it mind blowing and scary as the stars just got larger and larger!
    So much out there. Really wish we as a species got our *text deleted* together and get out there. You hear about that star just outside our solar system giving of those strange light fluctuations? Will post video whn I'm on computer

• Like Like x 1
  9. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Careers Adviser

A bit out of date, but Monty Python's galaxy song gets you thinking...

• Gen Dit Gen Dit x 1
    • Hoofin Hoofin x 1
  10. Wingzero

Wingzero Active Member

App Stage:
    Parent
    @Ninja_Stoker hehe as educational, enjoyable and thought provoking as it is, debatable whether its one for the Things that make you laugh! :P that voice!

11. ThreadpigeonsAlpha

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    The star the reckon has a Dyson sphere round it? Crazy. You read much about the mega structures that advanced life forms could possibly make?
    That's probably why we haven't been contacted by an alien life form, when you go to the zoo and see 2 chimps interacting, do you think you will go over and have a conversation with them?
    No you dismiss them as primitive and animalistic and unable to comprehend your knowledge.

That's how aliens view us.

12. Wingzero

Wingzero Active Member

App Stage:
    Parent
    @ThreadpigeonsAlpha couldn't find the video I watched but yeah that's the one haha.
    haha so negative!! My thoughts to that is no, not necessarily having a conversation with them, but still able to connect and form a bond/show compassion with animals ;)

[video]

• Like Like x 1
  13. ThreadpigeonsAlpha

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet

Just a bit of background here, AronRa (Gandalf looking fella) debates Christianity and creationism with a taxi driver from Manchester.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Sendit

Sendit Royal Marines Commando

Jake Olafsen wrote a book about his time in the marines. He was a part of that particular mission and he goes into quite a bit of detail about what happened that day. So if you're curious give it a read, the book is called 'wearing the green beret'. And its chapters 24, 25, and 26.

• Like Like x 1
    • Gen Dit Gen Dit x 1
  15. Viking

Viking Well-Known Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    when you are doing four corners and then the PTI bellows " 50 press ups in your own time i remind you these are controlled press ups " :eek:o_O

• Like Like x 3
  16. The guide

The guide Royal Marines Commando

• Like Like x 8
    • Winner Winner x 5
    • Gen Dit Gen Dit x 1
  17. Wingzero

Wingzero Active Member

App Stage:
    Parent
    @ThreadpigeonsAlpha while watching this, I was rattling my brain trying to think of something that could be created from nothing. Then I thought, "hey maybe sound" as I clicked my fingers to demonstrate to myself, however, then instantly came to the conclusion that actually sound is not created from nothing but is a by product of: movement, friction, the molecules in the air vibrating/bouncing off one another(ehhhhh???Think I got that wrong) to create sound waves.
    then got me thinking, everything is a by product of something(s) combining, so what preceded the universe??? and what preceded that? and that? and that? to think that nothing had a start but was already just there....

damn

• Like Like x 1
  18. Sendit

Sendit Royal Marines Commando

The double slit experiment and the measurement problem

19. glos94

glos94 Well-Known Member

Zeus. You can stop wondering now. :)

• Hoofin Hoofin x 1
  20. bharry96

bharry96 Guest