Things that annoy you. Your rants.

Discussion in 'Jollies Bar' started by Ninja_Stoker, Oct 6, 2013.

1. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Careers Adviser

What really winds you up?

My starters:

People that tell everyone they could have been a Royal Marine because they passed selection. (Sometimes only the recruiting test!)

Motorists that turn into a side road and sound the horn at pedestrians already crossing.

People that start sentences with the word "so", followed by a word that is totally adequate without a preposition.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Illustrious

Illustrious Royal Marines Commando - Moderator

So anyway, what annoys me is lack of indicator use by cars, tailgaiting (I just ease off the accelerator for them) and finally, mumset.

• Like Like x 17
    • Seen Seen x 1
    • Gucci Info Gucci Info x 1
  3. What a Banana!

What a Banana! Well-Known Member

Loud eaters
    Car drivers (I'm a biker) haha
    Laziness
    Chavs

• Like Like x 3
  4. Chelonian

Chelonian Moderator

Bread squeezers: people who vainly attempt to assess the freshness of a white, sliced loaf in a supermarket by squeezing it.

• Like Like x 9
    • Gen Dit Gen Dit x 2
    • Hoofin Hoofin x 1
  5. Judge_Bread

Judge_Bread Member

I've got a mate like that! I've got my Selection next weekend, since starting the process myself any conversation with him has really begun to grind my gears because he "went" to PRMC then came back and told everyone he passed but didn't go ahead, now he's a Tesco Commando.

My pet peeves are:

People complaining that their diet doesn't work and I'm "lucky to do so well" even though I turn down cakes and stick to a glass of water while they eat constantly like the sugar is running out.

Awkward gym guy who watches you in the mirrors as you lift.

Chavs on buses.

• Like Like x 6
  6. GRA500

GRA500 Member

Pay and Display car park machines that don't give change - and why is it always something like £2.80? - who's got exactly £2.80?
    The voice on the Self-Service checkout tills - why does it have to be so Loud?
    Cyclists who wear the full 'Tour de France' Lycra kit just to go down the shops.
    The 24Hr Tesco that won't serve you before 11am on a Sunday morning.
    Robbie Williams.

• Like Like x 6
  7. rowdywrighty

rowdywrighty Member

fat and old people that hog up the pavements by walking ridiculously slow bang in the middle of the walkway making it nigh on impossible for you too pass!

people who never put the free weights back correctly at the gym

• Like Like x 6
    • Gen Dit Gen Dit x 1
  8. dutchie

dutchie Member

Whoever in my house eats the last ice lolly and leaves the box in the freezer.
    My girlfriends driving
    This awful squeaky treadmill at the gym

• Like Like x 2
  9. Yorkshire_RM

Yorkshire_RM Member

There isn't enough time in the world to list everything that annoys me, as simply more or less everything does. But I can try;

Fat people, bad drivers, David Cameron, people who don't acknowledge you after letting them out of a junction, fat women in the gym swimming pool that wonder why they aren't losing weight by standing in the shallow end talking about the menopause with there friend Margaret, people who cycle on paths, people who walk slow, people who can't win an argument with facts so turn to insults, men that have to use weapons in fights or a group who pick a fight with one person (the days of a good old gentlemanly one on one is over), fat people, fat people who wonder why they are fat because they only have a few 'treats' occasionally, men who self tan, women that wear high heels then proceed to walk like newborn giraffes, fat women in leggings, Lorries overtaking on a dual carriageway, people who put spoilers on front wheel drive cars, people who think the measure of a good time is how many pints you can drink on a weekend, the government, people who don't respect other people, jobless scroungers, Leeds united fans, Facebook, people on twitter using 17 hash tags per tweet, fat people who ask for diet advice then don't take it, people with terrible form at the gym, personal trainers who clearly don't know what they are talking about, people who spell of with a v - 'ov', people who type using text language (hey bbz, u k? Wubu2? Luv ya), people who treat animals bad, David Cameron, footballers and the amount of money they earn, people who think nutrition is simply calories in vs calories out, lazy people, fat lazy people, fat lazy people on mobility scooters, fat lazy people on mobility scooters that claim disability because they are too fat and lazy to work..

There's just a few, I could spend hours reeling off more.

• Like Like x 21
    • Hoofin Hoofin x 4
  10. Yorkshire_RM

Yorkshire_RM Member

I also forgot people who eat fat free things thinking they are better for them, when most of the time they are just packed with sugar.... When high sugar intake is actually the most common reason people get fat.

• Like Like x 5
  11. Yorkshire_RM

Yorkshire_RM Member

And people who you see walking the streets with a can of tennants super at 9AM....

Il stop now cause I can see another paragraph easily coming on.

• Like Like x 4
  12. rowdywrighty

rowdywrighty Member

hahahaha beautifully put, kingston upon hull special is that!

• Hoofin Hoofin x 1
  13. BrigRat

BrigRat Well-Known Member

When people ask you what you want to do with your life, you say that you hope to join the Royal Marines, and they proceed to reply 'cool, semper fi and all that'.
    Extortionate bus and train prices!
    Junkies breathing.

• Like Like x 6
  14. Sam1

Sam1 Royal Marines Commando - Moderator

People that wear sunglasses at night.
    People that wear vests in public when not exercising.
    People that drive 65mph in the fast lane.
    People who insist on letting me know how they 'smashed it up' at the gym.
    Royal Marine cadet sergeants that tell me to get to the back of the queue in the galley (yes that actually happened).
    The RAF.
    Hearing 'my uncles daughters cousins brothers mate used to be in the Army aswell!!'

• Like Like x 12
  15. Jenks5837

Jenks5837 New Member

People that scrounge off the government doing nothing with their lives
    Tanned 'men' with make-up on that say they 'work out' when standing around talking and looking at themselves for an hour
    People that call The Royal Marines the army
    Noisy Eaters.

• Like Like x 6
    • Hoofin Hoofin x 1
  16. Chelonian

Chelonian Moderator

People who apparently revolve during conversations. For example: "So she turned around and said..." and "You can't just turn around and say that to me..."
    Did either actually turn around? Somehow I doubt it.

People who tell me that they "parked up" their car when they simply parked it.

Businesses now advertising poppy-related merchandise to cash in on the 2014 anniversary of the start of the Great War without even a penny of their profit donated to the Royal British Legion.

• Hoofin Hoofin x 1
  17. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Careers Adviser

Ooh yeah 'parked-up' - nearly as irksome as chefs on telly stating they've 'cooked-off' an ingredient.

• Like Like x 1
  18. ste preece

ste preece Former RM

Things that annoy me are:
    Lazy Fat gits
    People with no manners
    Smokers
    Back stabbers
    People who are shy getting their round in.
    People who only speak to you when it suits them.
    People who gob off, but don't know the facts of the subject matter.

SP

• Like Like x 5
  19. Judge_Bread

Judge_Bread Member

People not from the North West calling me a scouser.

People who've been on the dole for years telling me there's no jobs when I'm close to having two.

People telling me there's no time for fitness when I have 4 kids and a full time job but I still find time to get something done.

People who brag about having money, as if anyone gives a toss.

People who hog gym machines to coast along while they chat to their mates rather than actually putting work in.

People that check in on Facebook, nobody cares that you'rein McDonald's!!

I'm done for now

• Like Like x 11
  20. Chelonian

Chelonian Moderator

Which reminds me that it is almost impossible to avoid TV shows about food and cooking, especially those that attempt to introduce an element of competition. “But will Janet’s artichokes, served on a bed of rice impress the judges?” Does anyone actually care?
    The format has been done to death but we are still fed the same tired old tripe (no pun intended) by broadcasters determined to wring the life out of a format that actually died about two years ago.
    And naturally the food is always "plated up".

• Like Like x 1